Question re: Dish 1000, HD and living in Northeast U.S.

Thwockage

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
I am trying to determine whether I should give any consideration to the upcoming MPEG-4 equipment upgrade offers and need some help. Here's my current set up:
I live northeast of Baltimore (Fallston, MD 21047), have a Dish 500, and a couple of HD receivers (a leased 942 and an owned 811) and a DP44 switch. I am subscribed to the "old" HDPak, and also have HBOHD and ShoHD and get all local HD programming via OTA antenna. While interested in VOOM programming, I am not interested in nor willing to put up a 2nd dish to point at 61.5. Now that the MPEG-4 rollout is looming, I'm trying to determine what my options are, if any, that don't involve a 2nd dish installation.
My question: Given the information that I've found here at satelliteguys regarding the Dish 1000, it clearly appears that I am screwed in terms of being able to see a 3rd satellite using one of those dishes. Should I then assume that my only option to get the full range of Dish HD programming soon to be made available is by installing a 2nd dish, regardless of MPEG-4 implementation?
With the HD-Lite issues and the fact that I have no need to get HD local programming through Dish, I'm thinking there isn't a _compelling_ reason to do anything at this time but am interested in some opinions on what I may be missing. Appreciate any thoughts on this - thanks
Cheers,
Todd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)