Question re VIP722 and Hdmi to DVI-HDTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

xiombarg7

Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
I'm having a Vip722 installed tomorrow, and my TV only has DVI-HDTV input, so I've purchased a HDMI-DVI cable. I'd rather use this input for my picture, but obviously I need to get audio-in. My DVI input has the basic RCA stereo (red/white) inputs for audio.

My question may seem dumb for those in the know, but is there any reason I cannot use the red/white outputs on the Vip722 (the ones under the composite and component video feeds) to provide the audio-in for my DVI-HDTV input? I can't think of a reason why not, but hey, if I knew for sure I wouldn't be here.

A quick response to this probably stupid question would be appreciated, if anyone knows.

You can use any audio outputs -- and perhaps your set has an optical input, you can use that for DD 5.1 .

My set also has a DVI input, and I have an HDMI to DVI cable, and I run the optical output out of the STB to the TV's optical input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)