Question regarding Dish 501 and internal code

MW390

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Ever since the early DST change, my wife's machine has had the following problems.

1 - Timers that were previously set up started an hour earlier

2 - Audio that has that sort of talkng underwater effect

3 - Erasing prerecorded shows, even if they are protected

an email to ceo@dishnetwork was promptly returned and followed up by a call to my wife. The person said the box is old, no programming fixes will fix it and they are not going to write any code to fix the problem. Is this the case wth others out there?
They want us to upgrade to a 625.

As an aside- Did anybody in Metro NYC get a Spanish audio on WABC-7 on Coyote Ugly on 3/24/2007?

Thanks in advance

Except for the underwater audio effect, your symptoms are due to bad firmware. I think the VOD nonsense foisted upon 508/510 owners caused the deleted programs, while a bad DST fix screwed up your timers. Make sure the receiver has gotten it's latest update to P368 (?) and also delete and recreate the timers, and those problems should vanish. Except for the sound problem. Is that happening on all channels?

Except for the underwater audio effect, your symptoms are due to bad firmware. I think the VOD nonsense foisted upon 508/510 owners caused the deleted programs, while a bad DST fix screwed up your timers. Make sure the receiver has gotten it's latest update to P368 (?) and also delete and recreate the timers, and those problems should vanish. Except for the sound problem. Is that happening on all channels?

She's having the audio problems on several channels. Sounds like the NYC locals. Also, she's deleted and re-inserted the timers several times AND the receiver is at
P368. She's ready to call DirecTV. I told her I'd give her my receiver or just call the cable company for 1 DVR receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)