Question regarding Dish HD upgrade

jollygrunt

Arsenal Fan
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 16, 2005
Republic of Texas
I'm considering upgrading to DISH HD. Currently, I have a Dish 500(110/119). What would it be replaced with, and what satellites will it be pointed at in order to get AT250 and HD Ultimate? I live in Texas, zip 78586. Our locals broadcast OTA in HD, but are SD only via satellite.

Mods, if this is in the wrong area please feel free to move it. Thank you.

Your dish should be replace with some form of the Dish 1000 (not sure which) to give you 129 along with the 110/119 you already have so only one dish should be used unless there is a line of sight problem making the need for a second dish to be used to get all the locations. If the HD locals are also available, you may or may not need 118.75 (this is doable on one of the dish 1000 variations)

I talked to two different CSR's and one told me that I just needed one dish for my area, while the other told me I'd need two dishes in order to get HD for my location. Is there a website that would definitively state which one is right? :confused:

I recently upgraded to HD. My zip code is 75028. They replaced my Dish 500 with a Dish 1000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)