Vip 722 with Infoucus projector

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kukblue1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Is it better to set the vip 722 to do 720p with an infoucs IN72 or should I do 1080i. I think the IN72 is a 720p projector. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Native:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]854x480 Pixels[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Maximum:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]1024x768 Pixels[/FONT]

While I don't have a projector, I've had the same question about my 720p TV. The best thing I can tell you is just to flip back and forth and see which you like better. For me, my 622 looks better in 720p, but my HTPC and Toshiba A3 look better in 1080i.

Sorry, but The IN 72 is not a 720P. It is only a non widescreen 480P unit, perfect for use with standard DVD's which are 480P.
A widescreen 720P = about 1280x720
A ( boardroom projector?) that is 720P but not widescreen = about 1020 x 720.
Native resolution is what the true LCD pixel count is. Same for DLP.
Most posts will tell you to try it each way and see which works best.
It depends on which unit has the best processor in it. That is one of many reasons that projectors run from $500 to over $50,000. It's even possible that a standard DVD (480P) fed to your projector using component video cables could look better that it would on an inexpensive 720P projector since neither unit would be trying to do any upscaling, down scaling or conversion. Same reason that many plasma and LCD's fall down in the "standard tv" 480i mode. It's the quality of the processor. Probably 70% of the units that Consumer Reports test that get an excellent for HD, don't get an excellent for SD.
It got a great review at InFocus IN72 Projector Review - Overview in 2006.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)