Question regarding moving

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ricanchuloinfla

Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Southeast
Hi there:

I was wondering if there was anyone that can shed some light into an issue I'm having. Until a few weeks ago, I was living up in Florida where I had DirecTV service. Upon moving to Puerto Rico, I brought my boxes with me (I own them as they are a Hughes SD-40 and a Philips DSR704.

To make a long story short, DTV is telling me that I can't "move" my service here. When I told them that my uncle next door had DTV service, they told me it was impossible and that he was doing so in an illegal manner.

I was told that I would have to cancel my DTV USA service , pay the ETF and apply for service with DTV Latin America. And I wouldn't even be able to use my boxes with DTV LA. Is that true? Is there any way to dispute the ETF or to fight it? Or any other recourse I can take? I'm quite happy with the service and I have no desire to cancel it, but sticking the ETF to start service again with the same company is nuts :mad::mad:

You need to "move" your account addresses somewhere in the US, then just use the service in PR. That is how others in PR do it. You probably would want to use either a NY or LA service address, since then you would be able to get the "big 4" nets down in PR; all other locals are on spot beams that will NOT reach PR.
Do a search on "moving" for other tips...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts