Question Regarding Samsung 360 and Image Size

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PSwann

Original poster
Oct 18, 2004
I couldn't find this issue in past topics so if it's a rehash I appologize.

I've noticed that the image seems cropped on the right and left sides of my display. Example - When watching something on HDNet, the HDNet sticker at the bottom right corner seems cropped. I might get the HDNe part, sometimes the t.

I first thought this was a DirecTV issue, but I noticed it tonight on my Fox over the air feed. I'm connecting using a DVI to HDMI cable. I don't think I noticed this problem on my 51 inch, but only on my 31 inch Toshiba.

Thanks in advance.

dfergie said:
You dont have it zoomed do you?...

I knew I would leave something out :)

No, I made sure both the TV and receiver were on Full. Now if I go 16:9 Panorama I can see the full logo sticker.

Check the menu on the receiver. There's a selection called monitor or picture adjustment. You can move the entire picture on the TV to the right or left in small increments. I had to adjust mine to the right to get it perfectly centered. Sounds like yours needs to go left. Do some exploring, you should be able to find it rather quickly.

I had to move mine to the left with my Samsung box. It seems like when you use a DVI/HDMI cable the box has to be adjusted.

Had to adjust mine also. Your local Fox may not have the bug correct. Where are you located? Our local(Dallas) Fox has a issue with their bug. I can only see about 1/2 of the F and O barely a piece of the X.

did this work out for you?? let us know so people in the future know if this is the fix or not-it was for me, and thanks all for your quick replies!

stuart628 said:
did this work out for you?? let us know so people in the future know if this is the fix or not-it was for me, and thanks all for your quick replies!

Just home from the day job - You guys are fast with the troubleshooting.. all of you!

I have plenty of image on both sides to play with so it looks like it's a little of the adjusting the setting on Monitor Setup and a little DVI/HDMI. Never noticed this problem with my 51 inch Sony, but I'm using DVI to DVI with that.

Something else I noticed, when I allow the receiver to display native resoultion (720p) for FOX, I see more of the bug.

I work in radio, so I scan alot of radio and television boards. This by far has the most helpful community.

Paul

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)