Question to the pros about adding receiver to my package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrf

Original poster
Jan 14, 2004
Was pointed in the direction of this forum when I was asking my brother (who's been a dish subscriber for a while) about adding a reciever. I actually called Dish, but I already know everytime I call I get a different answer. So I'm looking for the "real" answer.

In July I subscribed(new subscriber) and am on the DHP (Digital Home Plan). I have one PVR508 receiver, although they offered the PVR and a non-pvr in my original package. However I only had the need for the one reciever at the time. What I would like to know, is how much would adding a 2nd non-pvr reciever cost? When I just called Dish a few minutes ago, I was actually told that I couldn't do that right now under my DHP. She said I would have to wait until my 190 days were up since I started???? She said that would be up on the 30th of January. So I then asked if I called back on Feb 1st, what would it cost. She said a $49 activation/install fee, or I could buy the reciever for $99 and then pay $59 for activation/install fee.

I'm thinking as a DHP subscriber... why am I paying for activation fees and install fees? AND if I buy my own reciever, now I have to pay $59? I guess I should have just had them install the 301 from the start and paid the $5 for the last 6 months. That would have only been $30 to date and I could have recorded and watched different channels... ahhhh hindsight.

Also, I don't need an "install" since the 2nd line is already run from the dish and I had pre-cabled the house.

Thanks.

You can add a receiver any time you wish to your DHP account, the key is you must purchase your receiver, they wont add a receiver on your lease.

You can buy a receiver from places like DishStore.NET and DishDepot.COM.

You will have to pay $4.99 extra per month for each receiver.

Hope this helps!

Once I purchase my receiver, do they then cover it on the DHP plan, or do I cover any repairs?

Also, should I have to pay a $49 or $59 activation fee if I buy a receiver?

Thanks!

that is the cool thing about dish!!

that is the cool thing about dish!!
up to 4 recievers on one account all you have to do is pay the extra $4.95 per unit... and the dual recievers in the same case count as one reciever!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)