QUESTION - What Bugs or Usability Issues do you have with your Hopper?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A really strange problem with one hopper. I created a favs list using List 1. My local NBC Channel 10 would not show in the guide even after several attempts to add it. PTAT worked ok. I then recreated the favs list using List 2 and it was ok.

1. Guide display is way too small
2. I do not care for the silver guide. The Blue from the 922 was clearer for me.
3. Option to delete PTAT recordings

Tried to play a old recording off the EHD and got an Error 00. Transferred it to the Hopper, and it plays fine. I'm going to transfer it back to the EHD and try it again.

After playing it all the way through, and moving back to the EHD, it works fine. It may be an issue that it was partially watched from the EHD on my old 622/722K setup.

Prime Time Anytime is to clutterered. Allow me to hide PTAT shows I have already watched from my receiver (but not the other receivers) so it makes PTAT easier for me to use.

Allow me to turn off the tiles and use lists. Tiles are cute but sometimes its better just to go with what works.

Fix the DLNA issues, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. This was not a big feature in the 922, however times have changes and being able to have Hopper be your main entertainment system in your house is a big selling point. I know I am not the only one who has huge libraries of movies ripped on my network and being to play them back on the Hopper and Joeys is a huge thing and will becoming bigger mving forward.

My installer was wondering if there was a way to speed it up. It takes WAY too long for all the software downloads (especially having to do it sequentially).

My installer says the software downloads faster from 119 than 61.5. I have a mixed arc due to LOS, his other installs on Eastern arc were much slower.

Another thing that needs to be fixed is the input of letters/numbers lag. For example, if I go to search and type "Green Lantern" by the time I get to first 'e' I am way ahead to around 't'. I do not do it fast by any means. On the 722k it was there when you typed it. It seems to be like 1/4 or 1/2 second behind on the Hopper and Joey from when you first press a letter.

Last night I was searching through the tv channels after I clicked on blockbuster@home (hit red button scroll down to tv ch)

At first I saw the tv ch logos but after going in to hbo and going back out the tv ch logos were replaced by the different shows on hbo logo haha I'm sure its just a minor hickup

The Closed Caption Service is broken again. When the 622 was intoduced the CC wouldn't work half the time and the other half would show nonsense words. One or two years ago the CC was fixed with an update and worked quite well in the 622,722, and the 922 but now the Hopper has returned to the original problems.

Barbara

I second this complaint. Closed captions start displaying, but after I skip through commercials, the captions are gone for ten minutes or more before reappearing.

Prime Time Anytime is to clutterered. Allow me to hide PTAT shows I have already watched from my receiver (but not the other receivers) so it makes PTAT easier for me to use.

Allow me to turn off the tiles and use lists. Tiles are cute but sometimes its better just to go with what works.

I will second that all day long. Even a list mode with a tiny icon to the left would be better than the huge tiles there now. I even went looking for a "List" view, but it obviously wasn't there.

Have the bottom-banner browsing follow the guide's "folders" setting for the music channels. I use the browse feature a lot and having go through the 100 or so music channels in the middle of "prime" territory is a pain.

Also, the browse banner is significantly slower than the 722, or even my old 301. I think this it was probably intentionally slowed for ease of use reasons, but it was throttled down too much. The lack of speed just makes the music channel issue that much more annoying.

No DLNA...

No Broadband on Joeys...

MLB HD dissapears from my channels guide when a game is on, an error 014 (You are attempting to access a channel you don't subscribe to...) when I try to access the channel, even do I have AT 200. Can access game on SD channel. Same thing happen to me the other night on NBA HD (Mavs vs.Spurs).

The guide favorite lists don't seem to hold at the same setting. I created a "List 1" favorite and then select it in the guide and it works for the day every time I bring up the guide even after turning off the hopper. But somehow overnight it reverts back to the "My channels" setting automatically. It has happened the past 3 days and I made sure noone else in the household is changing it.

Also, I would like to see more customization on the guide in terms of color and size.

USABILITY:
If I want to join a PTAT program IN PROGRESS, I shouldn't have to waste another tuner. I.E. the user interface doesn't seem(!) to allow me to just pick a PTAT program and start watching it from where it is NOW on the PTAT tuner.

By "join", do you mean tune to the channel ? What happens if you go into the DVR menu, pick your show, and pick "Watch live" (or whatever it's called on the H/J).

The "Transfer Recordings" option doesn't work on the Joeys. If you are linked to a hopper, you should be transferring to/from on the hopper. I understand the theoretical future where joey units might be allowed to have disks attached, but that isn't now.

The guide issues would be less severe if there was more contrast between channels and the programming information.

By "join", do you mean tune to the channel ? What happens if you go into the DVR menu, pick your show, and pick "Watch live" (or whatever it's called on the H/J).

I don't see a watch live. start from the beginning, but no watch live. If I just pick it from the EPG it allocates another tuner :(

A couple more bug reports:

- Browse does not follow ascending/descending setting. For example if the guide is set to ascending, down arrow goes to the next higher channel number. In browse mode it goes to the next lower channel, the opposite of what it should do.

- One local channel randomly disappears from my favorites list. I can only add it back if I add at least 2 channels (I can't add just the one back). In a few hours or days it will be removed from my list again. In my case, it happens with ABC and FOX.

- While in the guide, using an IR remote, it sometimes takes several presses of Record to get the recording popup to stay open.

- Browse does not follow ascending/descending setting. For example if the guide is set to ascending, down arrow goes to the next higher channel number. In browse mode it goes to the next lower channel, the opposite of what it should do.
I noticed this too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)