QUESTION - What Bugs or Usability Issues do you have with your Hopper?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
3HaloODST said:
Sure it does. I use it everyday.

You're right I just checked. Has that been there from the start? I thought I remembered a thread a while ago about auto tune not being there. Good to know.

I'm pretty sure it's been there from the start. Very glad it's there, personally.

I have read many pages of these problems and have tried to duplicate some of theml, just for the heck of it. Some I can, some I can't. I only have a couple o fminor bugs, one of which I already mentioned - the 32.0 remote that won't pair. And I cannot back up the settings. Oh, and my Seagate Free agent EHD is still not "seen". One of the Dirts is working on the EHD thing. Maybe that's why the settings won't back up? Over all, since the wife loves the whole house DVR, I'm a happy camper, even with the minor bugs that I see.

From what I have read, in order to pair a 32.0 remote, you have to put it RIGHT next (as in, sitting on top of it) to the receiver while pairing. After that, use it as you normally would.

I only have a couple o fminor bugs, one of which I already mentioned - the 32.0 remote that won't pair. And I cannot back up the settings. Oh, and my Seagate Free agent EHD is still not "seen".. Maybe that's why the settings won't back up?.

From what I have read, in order to pair a 32.0 remote, you have to put it RIGHT next (as in, sitting on top of it) to the receiver while pairing. After that, use it as you normally would.

Correct re: the pairing of the 32.0 as far as being very close to the Hopper to pair. However you cannot use it for backup/restoring timers. Only the 40.0 seems to work for that.

Many of the bugs in this thread have been fixed. :) (But not all)

When the next update comes out we will be starting a new thread for that software version so that we can help DISH better track issues. When I met with DISH last week at Team Summit they told me they were VERY impressed with our members and in finding issues which they did not see in their internal lab testing!

So for each software release we will be making a new thread to help DISH learn about these issues they are not seeing in their internal issue, this will be done to help them out.

So thanks to everyone for their feedback! :)

I upgraded my 722 and 612 to a single Hopper (S211) and 3 Joeys (S263) on 5/11/12. The upgrade went quite smoothly, but my user experience has been challenging. When it is working correctly it is great. When it's not it can be quite frustrating.

Here are some of the issues I've experienced in just these few days.

Hopper:
Locks up or becomes quite slow. Sometimes a soft reset works, other times a hard reset is needed.

Guide not available. Soft reset seems to bring it back. Don't know why the guide becomes unavailable. Weird.

No ability to create a manual timer. Bummer. Dish - please fix this.

No way to delete or hide PTAT programs. Dish - please fix this.

AutoHop - very nice when it works. Inconsistent in when it works. Example, start a program and enable AutoHop and it works. Stop the playback, then later resume and AutoHop option may or may work. Also, fast forward sometimes seems to disable AutoHop.

8 character limit for a list name. Really? Also, default is upper case. Must use number keys on remote to get lower case (works like texting from cell phone). Hint: the 1 key is the apostrophe - but with the 8 character limit it's of little use.

Watching PTAT while recording. With about 75 minutes left to record it locked up everything. Hard reset to watch shows, but no recording from that point on. It did not restart the PTAT recording (or any timer recordings, either).

EHD - works but some programs that I transferred to the DVR do not play (error 04). Since they are no longer on the EHD, have to presume they are lost. This may be due to the programs having been recorded on the 722 and transferred to the Hopper.

Defaults to "watch" instead of "close" - that will take some getting used to.

"My Recordings" sometimes get mixed up. The folder will show one program but the description or the program itself will be something else.

Joeys:

Sometimes take a long time to display a picture.

Hopping onto a tuner sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Got to play around with different tuners to get a picture.

Sometimes no picture and nothing working. Hard reset needed.

No guide - got message "Unable to view guide - no date set". Hard reset of the hopper to correct this condition.

-----
Okay - with all of that being said, I still like the Hopper/Joey. I may have made a mistake going with one hopper and 3 Joeys - so I may be looking to swap out a Joey for a Hopper. PTAT with AutoHop is the best. I like that all primetime programs are recorded - no more schedule conflicts and no more missing the last minute or two of a recorded program because a timer kicked in before a program was finished (shame on the networks for playing that little game).

Auto-Hop issue:

I have an issue with the final episode of Survivor recorded via PTAT: it is marked with the hopper icon and when selected offers me an option to skip commercials. However, when I select the skip commercials option, it won't play (it would jump all the way to the end even though I select "start over"). If I choose not to skip commercials, it plays fine. Looks like a bug to me. No big deal, just want to bring it to the attention of software developers. Feel free to contact me should you have any questions. I have that program saved and can reproduce the problem.

Update 05/18: the issue seems to be limited to Joeys only. I reproduced it on two Joeys (currently on S263). The Hopper (S211) plays the same recording without issues.

S212 Has started going out. Because of that I am closing this thread.

It may take a few days (if not more) for everyone to get the S212 upgrade.

If you have S212 and have any issues please report them in the S212 Feedback thread.

Thank you for being SatelliteGuys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts