QUESTION - What Bugs or Usability Issues do you have with your Hopper?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anyone noticed the playback on Joey is slightly faster when pausing a live channel on a hopper and then joining that event on the Joey?

I have the same issue tonight, Fox does not show up on red menu. Hopper is at 209.

Last night all my networks showed up on the red button page. First night no FOX, but last night the second night of S209 all were there.

Even with update to s209, still getting warning 866 (not compatible with this account) when trying to access my EHD. This is getting really frustrating.

Hopper and 1 Joey was installed May 2nd without problems. Did have a problem with:
- three timers disappearing for my Sunday morning news programs. I set up all our timers on the Hopper the evening of installation and these are the only ones I noticed disappearing.
- four unwatchable recorded programs with 04 error codes. The programs were four of many downloaded to my EHD from our VIP722 then moved back to the Hopper.

Is there a way to delete the 04 error code programs? Not a big deal to lose the programs but would be nice to clean up the DVR programs listing.

I was watching TV in the living room, and my mother got home and wanted to watch "The Voice" which was auto recording via PTAT. It was already about ten minutes into the show when I changed the the channel, so I skipped back to the beginning and then went upstairs to watch on my TV. Later, my TV popped up and said the Eureka is about to record on my TV and do I want to allow or not, I said of course because my Dad watches that show and he's be upset to not see it recorded. I was confused as to why my TV should have to be showing Eureka, there should have been another tuner for Eureka to record on, but when I hit the Red button, it showed all the PTAT shows recording(including "The Voice" that my mother was watching), and then it showed "The Voice again on the second tuner as being watched in the Living Room, then the third tuner as recording Eureka.

It seems to me that if you change channels to a show that is currently being recorded, either because of a normal timer, or because of PTAT, that it should just automatically give you the DVR feed instead of taking up another tuner. I'm guessing that if I had gone into DVR and selected the show that was recording, this wouldn't have been a problem.

Seems to be specific to the S209 Hopper / S262 Joey combination.

I am having trouble with one tuner staying locked up on this hopper. I cant join it and I just bounced the Hopper. We'll see if this fixes the issue.

Hopper on S209, Joey on S262.

No matter what I do, I cant free up the tuner, it just says lost signal.

Bounced hopper and Joey and hard reset Joey.

My wife is getting (rightfully) frustrated with the issue.

Is S 210 now GA or is it still on limited release?

Only power cycling the hopper fixed it and that only briefly.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Ever since we upgraded to the Hopper, more often than not I am unable to use my IPAD to view Live TV or shows recorded on the DVR. I can view On Demand, Blockbuster, but nothing to do with Live TV and I am very disappointed. It will say - "Starting Family Room...", then "Video data Unavailable.". I gone on Chat and talked to people on the phone, nothing works.

I was watching TV in the living room, and my mother got home and wanted to watch "The Voice" which was auto recording via PTAT. It was already about ten minutes into the show when I changed the the channel, so I skipped back to the beginning and then went upstairs to watch on my TV. Later, my TV popped up and said the Eureka is about to record on my TV and do I want to allow or not, I said of course because my Dad watches that show and he's be upset to not see it recorded. I was confused as to why my TV should have to be showing Eureka, there should have been another tuner for Eureka to record on, but when I hit the Red button, it showed all the PTAT shows recording(including "The Voice" that my mother was watching), and then it showed "The Voice again on the second tuner as being watched in the Living Room, then the third tuner as recording Eureka.

It seems to me that if you change channels to a show that is currently being recorded, either because of a normal timer, or because of PTAT, that it should just automatically give you the DVR feed instead of taking up another tuner. I'm guessing that if I had gone into DVR and selected the show that was recording, this wouldn't have been a problem.

With multiple viewers, some family courtesy procedures on tuner use with the red button might be in order for everyone with these new boxes.

With multiple viewers, some family courtesy procedures on tuner use with the red button might be in order for everyone with these new boxes.

Yes using the red button to select one of the PTAT shows will solve this but it would be nice if the system was smart enough to just use the PTAT tuner by default without you having to select it. It's smart enough not to use a second tuner if you also have a series timer for a PTAT show so why can't it know not to use a second tuner when watching a PTAT show live?

Ever since we upgraded to the Hopper, more often than not I am unable to use my IPAD to view Live TV or shows recorded on the DVR. I can view On Demand, Blockbuster, but nothing to do with Live TV and I am very disappointed. It will say - "Starting Family Room...", then "Video data Unavailable.". I gone on Chat and talked to people on the phone, nothing works.
Same problem for me and others, I have reported it to Dirt member.
Dan

Have a timer set for Survivor. Also have PTAT set and Survivor is part of that. After Survivor was over tonight, but before PTAT ended, I started watching Survivor, but then went away from it. Upon returning, the program did not remember how fat I'd watched and I had to start from the beginning. VERY annoying. I'm on S211

I have S211 and I'm having a few more problems than I ever had with my Hopper. First, I've been having problems deleting programs I've recorded. It just keeps going in a cycle of bringing up the delete/DVR box, then when you hit delete, the yes/no box, hit yes and the whole process starts over. Sometimes not allowing me to delete at all. I have to get out of DVR mode, press the red button to bring up the tuners and clear the tuner that has what I was trying to delete. It will show up as being watched. The second problem is the picture freezing up for a few seconds when switching back to live TV. The picture just pauses for a noticeable amount of time. Third is the "arrow" response has been extremely slow as of late. And of course, I still not thrill that the guide doesn't stay on my settings, but reverts back to "My Channels" every so often. It's not a big thing for me, but my wife never notices it until she starts getting confused by not seeing the channels she's used to. One last thing that I still find annoying also, is not being given all the recording options when picking a program from the guide to record. I like the way it was on the 722k, where when you hit the record button, all your options came up right then. With the Hopper, you pick "record this" and you need to go to DVR and pick it from the record schedule, then edit timer, if you want to change what folder it goes in, or the record length. It just a lot more hassle IMO.

Ghpr13:(

Select record series to go directly to options. Dish should rename this to options to be clearer to the user.

Not sure what's going on with one of my Hoppers, but sometimes it seems to be forgetting to do without padding when extra tuners aren't available. I have 2H/2J, however each Hopper is isolated so it's more like 2x 1H/1J. Each hopper has a single Joey paired to it. On one of the Hoppers, sometimes when 2 things are scheduled to record at once, and someone is watching live TV, the Hopper will ask to interrupt the live TV in order to pad (1 minute early, 3 minutes late) for the recordings. What it's supposed to do is drop padding when there's no tuners available. However it seems to forget to do that sometimes.

Also, there needs to be a way to turn off Joeys remotely in case they get left on.

Also, say a Joey schedules 2 recordings, and is watching live TV. Say the Hopper at "TV1" is watching live TV. Well, since the Joey is the one to schedule recordings, isn't it supposed to just interrupt the Joey's live TV when the recordings fire up? If so, that doesn't seem to be working correctly all the time either, because at random times when only 2 things are scheduled to record at the Joey, the Hopper asks to interrupt Live TV at the Hopper, or stop the recordings. Doesn't seem to be working right IMO. Not using PiP or anything at the Hopper either. "TV1" has no recordings scheduled.

This doesn't occur all the time, and I have found that sometimes rebooting the Hopper will fix the popups on "TV1."

I have noticed that if I am watching a recording at the same time that all 3 tuners are in use, if I try to delete that recording it won't delete. It goes through the delete sequence, but then stays in the DVR listing. In order to delete the recording, I have to first navigate away from the program I was watching, then delete it.

Tried to join two live PTAT shows to watch side by side. Worked for about a minute until both shows frame rate went to about one frame every five seconds. Canceling PIP did not solve the issue, had to change channels to fix.

I have noticed that if I am watching a recording at the same time that all 3 tuners are in use, if I try to delete that recording it won't delete. It goes through the delete sequence, but then stays in the DVR listing. In order to delete the recording, I have to first navigate away from the program I was watching, then delete it.

I suspect it is going to stay that way. If you are "connected" to the recording it can't delete it. You probably have to go to a tuner or another recording to be able to delete it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts