QUESTION - What Bugs or Usability Issues do you have with your Hopper?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am having an issue with all of my remotes not being able to control my TVs. If I press the TV button it flashes and then the SAT button lights up as if it is going back to SAT mode. Volume and On/Off functions work for the TV but it's like it won't let me change to any mode other than SAT.
Press the yellow button, select remote manager, select limited mode, select disabled and save.
Not sure if this is a bug or not and maybe this is just me not understanding how it works since this is my 1st DVR, but lets say I am in the guide and see show I want to record. I press select and choose to record the series. Is this supposed to record every show on just that channel or across all channels? Right now it is only recording shows on the one channel.

Yes that is the way it is supposed to work, recordings set from the guide record from just the one channel. If you want to record something from ANY/ALL channels use the seek & record function.

I may be jinxing myself, but it seems that 207 fixed my pink screen problem! Hasn't happened for the last two days!

Yes that is the way it is supposed to work, recordings set from the guide record from just the one channel. If you want to record something from ANY/ALL channels use the seek & record function.

I was actually going to try the remote setting but never got around to it. Now that I read the description it is quite obvious. That makes sense for the recordings too. Thanks for clearing that up.

DISH... PLEASE give us a pad on PTA. Even my failsafe timer of my local news didn't save me this past Sunday. CSI Miami was a full hour late, so I only have the half I got from recording my local news as a 30 minute buffer.

I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to do. I don't mind giving up the third tuner for another hour. I am almost never recording anything at 10-11 PM CST.

There seems to be trouble with the channel mapping on Puerto Rico. Even do I have AT 200, NBATV HD and MLB HD dissapear from the My Channels guide whenever a game starts. If I try to access either channel I get a 013 or 014 message (These is a subscription channel...).

I am having an issue with all of my remotes not being able to control my TVs. If I press the TV button it flashes and then the SAT button lights up as if it is going back to SAT mode. Volume and On/Off functions work for the TV but it's like it won't let me change to any mode other than SAT.
It's in limited mode, go to settings remote manager and turn it off.

3) "Record This" seems to give you no option to protect the program or save to a certain folder. You have to navigate through to the timer you just created and edit it, which is a real pain. Is there a way to do this at the time you set the timer, or at least change what the defaults are?
Instead of selecting record this, select record series and it takes you directly to the timer settings.

I don't know if it's a bug because I don't know that it's a problem or anything. But on the PTAT shows that I know I plan on keeping possibly past the 8 day period. I create timers to record all new episodes. So it records and puts a copy into my recordings as well as the PTAT folder. But when I go back to watch the episode from the "my recordings" folder. I can watch the entire episode and it continues on through to the next show that came on after it as well. I knew this was what happened when watching a show from the PTAT folder. But I thought when I create a timer it would only keep the show for that hour time frame. So I wonder what happens after the 8 day period? The show should stay in my recordings until I delete it. But does it keep the entire prime time slot? If I were to watch the same show after the 8 day period would the timer end after that particular show or continue on like it does now?

So, during PTAT, I was recording another program on Tuner 2 and watching another live on Tuner 3. While watching live TV, I went to OnDemand and started watching something. When I pressed Live TV, instead of going to the program I had been watching, Tuner 3 started recording the exact same thing that I was recording on Tuner 2. So, both tuners were recording the same show simultaneously. Any idea why?

Yes, several people including myself see this. For me, it's not every morning but a random occurrence. This also happened on my 922. Annoying but after a while you get used to reselecting the correct channel list almost without thinking about it.

Thanks! I didn't know that.
Ghpr13:)

I'll bet that there is no way that they are going to do an hour pad on PTAT. There is a simple but slightly coumbersome solution. Create a regular timer for CSI: Miami with an hour pad. Then every week make sure that you go to the daily schedule menu and unskip the CSI: Miami timer.

I'd consider this a 'bug'. If the program guide does not fully stretch to the edge of your screen, the cursor can leave a latent triangular-shaped 'smudge' just a few pixels above the bottom of the screen that stays visible in non-letterboxed full HD programming once the guide goes away. These marks multiply over time.
(see thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/281910-small-triangular-areas-toward-screen-bottom.html)
The smudges can be cleared by a full reset, or by using the screen adjustment tool to zoom in on the program guide.
This affects both Joeys and Hoppers.
NEVER had this issue with a 922, 722 or earlier DVR/Receiver. Wasted nearly 18 hours waiting for visits from techs who never could figure this out and thought the cause might be elsewhere. (My mistake not to ask the 'real' experts here at satelliteguys.us).

i have 2 joeys viewing TV at the same time on 1 hopper. For some reason 1 is ok with viewing TV fine. The other Joey is saying "Acquiring satellite signal" and the laundry list of issues.

I have PTAT running on this box since its' stuck. I also set a timer for a program on PTAT. Not sure if there's some sort of conflict because a tuner is locked out?

Already tried resetting all hoppers and joeys.
Finally gave up. Two tuners getting locked out finally hit my sanity limit during primetime hours.

That problem hopper is now replaced. I will now be making sure that PTAT is off for at least a few months so that they can work out the bugs.

My usability input for this topic..... Why can't we do a real factory reset where all the settings wipe back to the day we got the device? I can guarantee that something like that would have fixed my problem, but i wasn't going to wait forever for a fix with so much tuner chaos.

Last edited:
Joey and the Weather App still does not seem to work. It keeps loosing the zipcode and the radar never works. The Hopper is fine.

goresnet said:
OK, pink screen is back. Not near as often, but it is still here. :mad:

Change the input on the tv then change it back to the hopper input and the pink should go away. :)

This didn't work for me, finally changed to component cables until the new hopper comes in on Monday. It's not just the HDMI inputs, this box has gets stuck on a certain 129 transponder and won't hook up. Fortunately I signed up for 2 hoppers/2 joeys and have the second hopper on different input.

Wish Prime Time wouldn't cancel timers set by me for same show. I don't like to save shows every week from PT, would like the ablity to set PT to show/save only the shows I want. However with 2 hoppers I can set one for PT and one not and have both on separate inputs on main tv.

I'll bet that there is no way that they are going to do an hour pad on PTAT. There is a simple but slightly coumbersome solution. Create a regular timer for CSI: Miami with an hour pad. Then every week make sure that you go to the daily schedule menu and unskip the CSI: Miami timer.

I extended my news timer to 1 hour and 15 minutes... However, that was the finale, so I suppose I can delete it altogether. I'll catch it on CBS.com

Chimera said:
First bug I've encountered with the Hopper - set timer to record the Celtics game on CSN-NE HD, timer started 3 minutes early while Dish was still showing the "check back to see your local team in HD" screen. 3 minutes later when the signal cut over to the pre-game, the recording hung and no amount of encouragement would make it go past that point. This is the first RSN game I've tried to record with the Hopper, I'll set another timer for the Tuesday night game and see if it was just an isolated issue.

I'm having the same problem with my RSN.

Change the input on the tv then change it back to the hopper input and the pink should go away. :)

My TV disables any inactive inputs, so can't change that. But switching to 720 and not keeping the changes works for me. I didn't have any pink for two whole days after 207. Now I've had it twice in two days, where on the previous firmware it happened more than 50% of the time. So, the new firmware is a plus!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts