QUESTION - What Bugs or Usability Issues do you have with your Hopper?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Diversify said:
I keep having problems with the search function on this site, so forgive me if this was already reported. I love my Hopper system and it works well for me, but here are the things that I noticed and only point 1 is a issue for me. The other stuff is just something that could be designed better.

1) The Themes search function doesn't work well. For example If I search for movies that are "on now" it will shows me very quick the icons which movies are available. But when you then click the movie to see which channels and times the movie is on, it just keeps on showing the green download bar. The work around I got now is then press the yellow key and change "on Now" into "program guide". "on Next" also doesn't work. When I just had the Hopper I didn't have this problem. It sometimes happened in the regular search function, but a reset fixed that. But the reset doesn't seem to fix the Themes search function.

2) If you set a timer to record a series only new episodes and I want to make sure it records the show the first times it airs; I have to make sure that I select the first air date in the guide or search results. Otherwise the new episodes won’t be recorded on the first air date. For example: Game of Thrones will first air on Sunday. But if I select the show in the guide or search results on Wednesday with the record only new episodes. It then will always record the show on Wednesday instead of Sunday when the show first airs.
I don’t see what the use is of that. Why would you want that? It is not to avoid conflicts, because when a conflict occurs it will record the show the next time it airs. ( that is something I love by the way.

3) What is the benefit of the “seek and record” instead of just setting a series timer? “Seek and record” has two problems. You can’t edit it and if a show comes on two channels at the same time it will record both of them!

4) My hopper every time I turn it on it does quick a quick check switch. Not a big deal because it is very quick. But the strange thing is when I turn on my Joey ( and the Hopper is switch of ) it doesn’t do that. Why?

3) it allows you to set a recording for something when you're not sure what channel it'll be on (or for a show that is currently on hiatus, so you can't create a timer from the guide). It allows you to create a timer for a movie that you're interested in having a recorded copy of, even if you're not sure the next time or channel it will air on.

The timer limit issue is getting ridiculous. Now even after removing timers like it says I still can't add any new timers.

3) it allows you to set a recording for something when you're not sure what channel it'll be on (or for a show that is currently on hiatus, so you can't create a timer from the guide). It allows you to create a timer for a movie that you're interested in having a recorded copy of, even if you're not sure the next time or channel it will air on.

@Dangue, thanks for explaining that one. That makes sense. Good feature to have too.

This Hopper prove to be pretty buggy.

I had an interesting one couple of days ago. I have a timer to record new episodes of "The Killing" on AMC. On Monday I found two recordings from Sunday night for "The Killing". One was empty, zero minutes. The other one was a recording from a completely different channel!

Has anyone else run into this problem?

only with trying to record baseball. Tried new episode, said it recorded and looks like when I tried to fast forward, it went to black screen. No sound no picture.

Skip back not always 10 seconds, seems to be 10-30 seconds. Format doesn't work properly on one of my joeys. Getting intermittent digitizing on all units, not sure what from.

2) If you set a timer to record a series only new episodes and I want to make sure it records the show the first times it airs; I have to make sure that I select the first air date in the guide or search results. Otherwise the new episodes won’t be recorded on the first air date. For example: Game of Thrones will first air on Sunday. But if I select the show in the guide or search results on Wednesday with the record only new episodes. It then will always record the show on Wednesday instead of Sunday when the show first airs.
I don’t see what the use is of that. Why would you want that? It is not to avoid conflicts, because when a conflict occurs it will record the show the next time it airs. ( that is something I love by the way.

Hmmmm.... I had something like that happen on my 622 a few weeks ago. I don't know if it's a new feature or just a fluke, because I haven't had the opportunity to duplicate it come up.

I can think of two possible reasons you'd want to do something like that. The first is if you want to avoid a conflict with something that only airs once without having to go back and edit the priorities later. The second is if a show airs a censored version and uncensored version at different times, but with the same name. (However, the only example of this that I can think of at the moment is Art Mann Presents on HDNet, and that's supposedly going away when the channel changes format soon.)

The sound on my Joey drops out randomly. I have swapped HDMI ports on the TV, HDMI cables, and the Joey itself with one from Dish.... I do NOT have this issue with the Blu-Ray player, or the Roku box connected to the same TV. I also did not have this problem with the 211k I had before we moved to the Hopper. I can take any of the other devices and plug them into the same HDMI port on the TV and everything works fine! This only happens with the Joey as far as I have found. I have to turn the TV off then back on to get sound back. Sometimes, I have to reset the Joey, even the new one from Dish, to get sound back.

Any ideas?

Shorty

My TV is doing the same thing. I thought it could be the TV going bad....now I'm not so sure. The sound may drop out in 3 minutes, or 10, or not, or just a few seconds. I have to turn the TV off and back on, then I have audio again. The other Joey does not have this problem. Sometimes it works fine.....and it did not do this before the Joey was installed.

Others?

The sound on my Joey drops out randomly. I have swapped HDMI ports on the TV, HDMI cables, and the Joey itself with one from Dish.... I do NOT have this issue with the Blu-Ray player, or the Roku box connected to the same TV. I also did not have this problem with the 211k I had before we moved to the Hopper. I can take any of the other devices and plug them into the same HDMI port on the TV and everything works fine! This only happens with the Joey as far as I have found. I have to turn the TV off then back on to get sound back. Sometimes, I have to reset the Joey, even the new one from Dish, to get sound back.

Any ideas?

Shorty

For the second time in seven days I have lost connectivity with the Hopper. I turned on the bedroom Joey first thing this morning and it just hung on trying to connect to the Hopper. Went to family room where Hopper is and turned on system. Everything came on but like last week, no picture or sound. Went to guide and message stating this action is not available. Went to List and all recording are gone. Went to Menu > Setting > Broadband and all shows as good and connected with the correct IP. Tried changing channels and nothing. Let it sit for about 10 minutes before I tried to reset with Red Button (last week when I did a reset I had a very hard time reconnecting to the Internet. Unit would only find Dish's IP 169.xxx.xx. Took me several modem/router resets to finally see my network and IP). Performed a RedButtonReset brought the system back on line but as before did not connect to my network/IP. This time I let it sit about 15 minutes and the Hopper found my network and IP on its own. I guess last week I must have not been patient enough and jumped the gun on resetting my modem without waiting long enough for it to find the IP. All seems good now but this is concerning me as to why the system goes down. Twice in seven days. Fortunately I am home for a while and not traveling so I can check it daily. Last week we lost programming to be recorded because the system was not on line.

Hmmmm.... I had something like that happen on my 622 a few weeks ago. I don't know if it's a new feature or just a fluke, because I haven't had the opportunity to duplicate it come up.

I can think of two possible reasons you'd want to do something like that. The first is if you want to avoid a conflict with something that only airs once without having to go back and edit the priorities later. The second is if a show airs a censored version and uncensored version at different times, but with the same name. (However, the only example of this that I can think of at the moment is Art Mann Presents on HDNet, and that's supposedly going away when the channel changes format soon.)

Well in the case of the Hopper it is not just a fluke. It is designed this way. I can reproduce it. I also had to delete and reprogram multiple timers because of this reason.

if you've got bugs, make sure to carbon copy your issue to DIRT in a private message so that it gets sent to engineering.

They'll need an account number and possibly a receiver id if your problem is unique to one box.

(if you reply to this thread it would be good to note whether you actually messaged DIRT so your issue can get fixed.)

For the second time in seven days I have lost connectivity with the Hopper. I turned on the bedroom Joey first thing this morning and it just hung on trying to connect to the Hopper. Went to family room where Hopper is and turned on system. Everything came on but like last week, no picture or sound. Went to guide and message stating this action is not available. Went to List and all recording are gone. Went to Menu > Setting > Broadband and all shows as good and connected with the correct IP. Tried changing channels and nothing. Let it sit for about 10 minutes before I tried to reset with Red Button (last week when I did a reset I had a very hard time reconnecting to the Internet. Unit would only find Dish's IP 169.xxx.xx. Took me several modem/router resets to finally see my network and IP). Performed a RedButtonReset brought the system back on line but as before did not connect to my network/IP. This time I let it sit about 15 minutes and the Hopper found my network and IP on its own. I guess last week I must have not been patient enough and jumped the gun on resetting my modem without waiting long enough for it to find the IP. All seems good now but this is concerning me as to why the system goes down. Twice in seven days. Fortunately I am home for a while and not traveling so I can check it daily. Last week we lost programming to be recorded because the system was not on line.

FYI usually, any address with a 169 start is Windows way of saying. " I can't get an assigned ,legitimate address the way things are now." " Since I need -some- kind of address to handle all of the network services and network card, I'll just make something up."

Your network connections need trouble shooting.

FYI usually, any address with a 169 start is Windows way of saying. " I can't get an assigned ,legitimate address the way things are now." " Since I need -some- kind of address to handle all of the network services and network card, I'll just make something up."

Your network connections need trouble shooting.

Yes, thank you and I understand that but nonetheless, when the Hopper first did not have anything on it and I checked the network connection it had a good connection and the correct IP, wasn't until I reset the box it temporarily had the 169. IP address. It did find my network and the correct IP within 15 minutes. My network is fine, all other devices and PC's have no issues at all.

Just noticed for the first time ever on my Hopper it seems like its lagging some...up until tonight I could fly through menus and guides...it just seems that everything happens a few seconds after I hit a button

Any ideas???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts