QUESTION - What Bugs or Usability Issues do you have with your Hopper?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Every time I'm done watching a recording and I deleted when the box goes back to live tv there no audio until you change the channel. Just wanted to report it.

Thanks

Has the following issue been mentioned? I tried to read the whole thread, and I didn't see it, but I may have missed it.

BUG: When using User Timers on PTAT shows, (so it will auto-save to the user partition,) the folder choice is ignored. I'm using folders to manage my own shows vs. my roommate's shows, so this is VERY inconvenient.

The padding isn't heeded, either, although that is less of an issue since the user partition copy is just a pointer into the PTAT stream for 8 days, and the extra recording time is right there. However, if I don't watch the show within the 8 days, then the pointer gets converted into an actual user partition file without the padding. If the padding was heeded, then I'd still get to see the "button" on the end of Big Bang Theory!

Do I need to send this to a D.I.R.T. team member?

I recently experienced the Error 04 on items that I transferred over to my Hopper from the EHD and now I started watching an episode of In Plain Sight that I recorded on the Hopper three weeks ago and it took a long time for it to play and finally it started but a second error I received was the Error 00 message then the strangest thing about the ordeal was that I press rewind on it and the fast forwards, then i press fast forward and the video rewinds. I did notice my Hopper seemed slightly laggy while browsing my DVR recordings and is probably due for a manual reboot.

Being very concisethe biggest bug is paying to be an alpha testerI've seen this beforeit was called vistaon what planet is this a good business model?installer had no cluetech support equally clueless & rude to boot

I see this forum won't let me edit or use Line Breaks. I also can't seem to edit the above, which should read more like this: Being very concise the biggest bug is paying to be an alpha tester. I've seen this before, it was called vista! On what planet is this a good business model? installer had no clue tech support equally clueless & rude to boot

Garthhh said:
I see this forum won't let me edit or use Line Breaks. I also can't seem to edit the above, which should read more like this: Being very concise the biggest bug is paying to be an alpha tester. I've seen this before, it was called vista! On what planet is this a good business model? installer had no clue tech support equally clueless & rude to boot

Your choice to be an early player. My boxes are working great. The few issues that are there will be fixed. Over all I'm lovin the Hopper/Joey!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Garthhh said:

Alpha tester? Have you ever even participated in the test of an alpha build? I wouldn't even call this roll out beta testing it's gone so smoothly. Some have reported a few issues and a couple of features are in the works, but rock solid boxes here. Certainly nothing show stopping and certainly nothing to indicate that this is equivalent to a typical alpha testing.

This was not my choice. we called to get an additional box & were told this was the only choice. after several days of having pita [ptat] re enabling itself, we called to go back to the 922 & the 222 [which we own] back online & were told this was not possible. This flies in the face of logic, seeing as the installer had a stack of new 922's [still in boxes] in his truck. Maybe it could be considered a beta, it's certainly nowhere near ready for widespread use. Even if the hardware & software are ready, the support channels are not, the installers are not. Obviously dish is pushing the implementation....

I didn't look through this whole thread, so it may have already been reported.

At the end of every show, even on live TV, there is a brief pixelation of the screen and the sound chops out. It does not matter the channel I'm on. When there is ~1 minute remaining on a program, it happens every time. The incident is very brief (maybe 1-2 seconds), but given that it happens so frequently, it has become mildly annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I just had the same thing on 3 shows in a row of The Big Bang Theory on TBS. Hopefully this will be fixed on S208.

Garthhh said:
This was not my choice. we called to get an additional box & were told this was the only choice. after several days of having pita [ptat] re enabling itself, we called to go back to the 922 & the 222 [which we own] back online & were told this was not possible. This flies in the face of logic, seeing as the installer had a stack of new 922's [still in boxes] in his truck. Maybe it could be considered a beta, it's certainly nowhere near ready for widespread use. Even if the hardware & software are ready, the support channels are not, the installers are not. Obviously dish is pushing the implementation....

Exactly what did you ask for when you said you wanted an additional box? I find it hard to believe Dish forced you into this. So you went to the installers vehicle and looked inside? Sorry dude, but your story smells like a troll took a dump in it.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

other problems beyond the organizational ones: the guide should be configurable. There should be options for update time [another night owl]. PTAT sucks up all the resources & seemingly has a mind of it's own, there should be configuration options deeper in the programming I've turned it off everyday [ or tried] for the past week it's only not run one night. some primary settings should be protected [everyone has root access]. list view should be an option, nesting of the guide should be an option. should be a USB port for a mouse or keyboard the wireless is buggy, just like it was with our old 922 [my ISP dictates their modem/router, to receive tech support]. the helpfiles are non-exsistant [documentation separates the men from the boys, technical writing is almost a lost art & we haven't got to self-assembling docs yet]. on some positive notes: the search is much improved, with instant results & history by default. HD output reformats itself much less often.

the games are not available on the H/J, DVR isn't included in the recall function [comcast has had this since 05]

Garthhh,

Very few people are having your problems, you should be working on getting your buggy box replaced. By the way, I don't agree with ANY of your design whines.

Todd Nicholson said:
Yes, all the time as well. I haven't really noticed it on live tv, since frankly I don't really watch live tv, but I do notice it on every recorded show. It's just as you describe.

-Todd

This happens only happens on my joeys connect via MOCA one is connected via Ethernet only and I don't have this issue

I just had the same thing on 3 shows in a row of The Big Bang Theory on TBS. Hopefully this will be fixed on S208.

I had our Hopper replaced last Thursday hoping it would take care of the issues we were having with audio dropouts, but no such luck. I'm still getting 1 or 2 second dropouts, sometimes several times in one show. The only time this seems to be happening is with PTAT. The dropouts are there when watching the pre-recorded program. They are still there if I rewind and play back the same segment so it seems to be happening real time when coming in. I'm also seeing this on both Joeys when watching the same segments which tells me it definitley isn't a bad HDMI cable on any of the boxes. We've seen it on all 4 networks.

The Hopper is going through a Denon AVR3311. I've even tried using disabling a couple of things on the Denon but no change. These audio dropouts are extremely annoying because you always miss a couple of words and as I said, for me, it isn't just at the end of programs, its happening several times. I find it odd that this only seems to be an issue with PTAT so I'm hoping it's something that can be fixed with an update. I haven't got 2.08 yet.

Is there any chance that this could be a signal issue? Doesn't seem like it could be since it only seems to be happening with PTAT.

I had our Hopper replaced last Thursday hoping it would take care of the issues we were having with audio dropouts, but no such luck. I'm still getting 1 or 2 second dropouts, sometimes several times in one show. The only time this seems to be happening is with PTAT. The dropouts are there when watching the pre-recorded program. They are still there if I rewind and play back the same segment so it seems to be happening real time when coming in. I'm also seeing this on both Joeys when watching the same segments which tells me it definitley isn't a bad HDMI cable on any of the boxes. We've seen it on all 4 networks.

The Hopper is going through a Denon AVR3311. I've even tried using disabling a couple of things on the Denon but no change. These audio dropouts are extremely annoying because you always miss a couple of words and as I said, for me, it isn't just at the end of programs, its happening several times. I find it odd that this only seems to be an issue with PTAT so I'm hoping it's something that can be fixed with an update. I haven't got 2.08 yet.

Is there any chance that this could be a signal issue? Doesn't seem like it could be since it only seems to be happening with PTAT.

Is the wiring to the Hopper 3ghz RG6?

I've always had quick audio dropouts on all my Dish receivers: 622, 612, 922, Hopper on nearly every program I watch. Like you, if you skip back the dropout is in the same place so it's the tuner or up stream, possibly even the encoder prior to uplink. I'm convinced it's not a signal strength issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)