QUESTION - What Bugs or Usability Issues do you have with your Hopper?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is there any chance that this could be a signal issue? Doesn't seem like it could be since it only seems to be happening with PTAT.
report it via private message to a DIRT member anyways. If they are software bugs, that's the only way they'll get fixed as they'll forward your issue to engineering.

interesting choice to have no official support forum, just this back channelwhere can I find wiring diagramsmy dish is mounted on a 4" pipe that was for an old 10' curtis mathis dish, I have 3 cables running to individual locations, the device for integration between H&J is within 2' of the dish, would there be other options?customer support is doing the shuffle from tech to tech routine, making me start from scratch every time, claiming no knowledge of previous calls

interesting choice to have no official support forum, just this back channelwhere can I find wiring diagramsmy dish is mounted on a 4" pipe that was for an old 10' curtis mathis dish, I have 3 cables running to individual locations, the device for integration between H&J is within 2' of the dish, would there be other options?customer support is doing the shuffle from tech to tech routine, making me start from scratch every time, claiming no knowledge of previous calls

Dish has an official support forum, in addition to offering support on SatelliteGuys, DBSTalk, etc...

https://support.dish.com/

I've always had quick audio dropouts on all my Dish receivers: 622, 612, 922, Hopper on nearly every program I watch. Like you, if you skip back the dropout is in the same place so it's the tuner or up stream, possibly even the encoder prior to uplink. I'm convinced it's not a signal strength issue.

I also don't think it is a signal issue. The problem I have with mine, is it happens only once during a show and its always at the very end of the show. A 1 or 2 second audio drop/ picture freeze. Just checked both hoppers, same audio drop/picture freeze at same time on BBCA at the end of the show.Mine happens outside of PTAT also. I will PM DIRT.

I have 1 Hopper and no Joeys.

Only during PTAT, if I'm watching (non-PTAT) channel X, but want to record (non-PTAT) channel Y via the guide (i.e., I click "guide", scroll to channel Y, press "info", and choose "record"), I get "Error 324 Recording in progress."

The viewing status screen displays the following:
-----------------------------------------------------
tuner 1 is watching channel X (correct)
tuner 2 is watching channel Z (wrong - I'm not watching channel Z, nor is Picture-in-Picture enabled)
tuner 3 says "PrimeTime Anytime" (correct - PTAT is enabled, and it's evening time)

Why won't it release tuner 2, to record channel Y? I can work around this bug, by manually tuning into channel Y, and clicking record. That allows it to record (but it still doesn't release tuner 2):
tuner 1 is watching & recording channel Y
tuner 2 is watching channel Z (still wrong)
tuner 3 says "PrimeTime Anytime"

This bug ONLY happens, if I'm in the guide and ONLY during PTAT hours. E.g., now that I'm watching and recording channel Y, on tuner 1, if I change channels to channel Z, it correctly switches from tuner 1 to tuner 2, and even lets me record channel Z (again, as long as I click record while I'm not in the guide):
tuner 1 is recording channel Y
tuner 2 is watching & recording channel Z (correct)
tuner 3 says "PrimeTime Anytime"
But, if I had highlighted and attempted to record channel Z, via the guide, it would have still said "Error 324 Recording in progress." and wouldn't record channel Z.

I have the same issue - tuner 2 says watching channel Z (not) and I have PTAT disabled. Also picture in picture off. This seems to be a "feature" which ties up a tuner. ;-(

I'm not sure if this is tied to the roll out of S208 or not, but I just noticed that all my seek and record timers have disappeared from my timers list. All Guide created timers still exist and are firing properly.

I hope I still have the list of timers from my 722 so that I can recreate those timers. :(

dangue said:
I'm not sure if this is tied to the roll out of S208 or not, but I just noticed that all my seek and record timers have disappeared from my timers list. All Guide created timers still exist and are firing properly.

I hope I still have the list of timers from my 722 so that I can recreate those timers. :(

I just realized, they are saved on the remote control. Does anyone know how to restore timers from the remote?

dangue,

When you do the restore, would you please check on a bug fix? On S207, after doing a restore, your fav list names default back to List1, 2, etc. Please see if yours stay as you originally named them or if you lose the names.

Thanks

stimpson said:
System wizzard button on the remote maybe??????

Thanks. I knew it was simple. I had just never done it before. Strangely enough, the restore (from settings a week ago) did not restore my timers. Everything is exactly the way it was this morning (including the additional timers I created last night).

mdavej said:
dangue,

When you do the restore, would you please check on a bug fix? On S207, after doing a restore, your fav list names default back to List1, 2, etc. Please see if yours stay as you originally named them or if you lose the names.

Thanks

Sorry, I couldn't test this. I rarely watch live tv, so I am rarely ever scrolling through the guide and have never bothered to create a custom guide list.

- No ability to change the nightly update (Note: 722 could)

- Should have a "subscribe to save" option in PTAT

- The "My Folders" section should work as the "Folders by Title" does (i.e. group multiple episodes, show pictures without program information, etc)

- When something is recording, PTAT, or otherwise, and the user switches to that channel, it should switch to what is currently recording, and not take up a separate tuner

- Ability to change the text size, as is the case with the cursor option, for users with impaired vision

- No ability to set a code on a program before it is deleted, to avoid the potential of deleting a program by accident (note: 722 could)

- Should have the option to show many SD & HD hours are left on the HDD, addition to the size information

Last edited:
Two Bugs:

2.07 BUG: When using skip back or skip ahead or fast forward/rewind, audio sometimes drops out. If I pause and play again or skip back once, it comes back normally.

2.08 BUG (wasn't there with 2.07): Playback on both Hopper or Joey (also updated) of recorded programs sometimes starts on black screen for 3-10 seconds, then plays normally. Shows aren't cut off or started late, just preceded with blank screen for varying amounts of time. I'm wondering if that has to do with the update to the partition from 500 GB to 1Tb?

Apologies if these have been reported, haven't read the entire thread.

...Should have a "subscribe to save" option in PTAT...

...When something is recording, PTAT, or otherwise, and the user switches to that channel, it should switch to what is currently recording, and not take up a separate tuner...

"Subscribe to save" is already there, just set a timer for the program and don't "unskip" it and it will save the PTAT recording(s) to "My Recordings".

When you switch to a channel, by default it uses a tuner if available, to keep you independent of other TV's tuner usage. You can always join another tuner with the "red" button. With either default, someone isn't going to like it. Tuner use courtesy is now necessary for families because of the huge increase in flexibility.

If you are talking about the ability to save a series from PTAT, that is supposed to be in the S208/S209 release currently being distibuted.
Yeah, I just seen that in the update thread.

Cool.

Personally, I am still on S207, but I can wait.

Otherwise, "My Folders" section working as "Folders by Title" does, followed by password protected programs, are my two most wanted features.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts