Question: Will Voom work for OTA after 5/1

graffron

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
I know that a Voom receiver will work for OTA digital signals without being attached to a dish (I borrowed a 550 from a friend)

My questions are:
1. Assuming the STB has been activated and not deactivated by Voom, how long will it work as a stand alone STB for OTA signals if it is not connected to a dish?

2. If I purchase a new (never used) receiver from eBay, what needs to be done to get it to work as a stand alone STB? (I assume activation from VOOM is no longer possible.)

Thanks for your help.

Lament
I am a Dish Network sub, but was planning on switching to VOOM after my one year contract was over (June 05).

This is the question of the hour but...

graffron said:
I know that a Voom receiver will work for OTA digital signals without being attached to a dish (I borrowed a 550 from a friend)

My questions are:
1. Assuming the STB has been activated and not deactivated by Voom, how long will it work as a stand alone STB for OTA signals if it is not connected to a dish?

2. If I purchase a new (never used) receiver from eBay, what needs to be done to get it to work as a stand alone STB? (I assume activation from VOOM is no longer possible.)

Thanks for your help.

Lament
I am a Dish Network sub, but was planning on switching to VOOM after my one year contract was over (June 05).

nobody on this forum or on VOOM/Yahoo has been able to provide a definitive answer. VOOM is not saying, at least yet. And email and phone inquires to VOOM have not produced an answer. If you find out let us all know!

Still enjoying HDTV under partly foggy Seattle skies, Gill

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING THEM FROM EBAY. They will not work

t

TYORK said:
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING THEM FROM EBAY. They will not work

t

But... if you buy a pair and leave them in the shipping boxes, they do make a fairly decent pair of bookends!

Indy said:
But... if you buy a pair and leave them in the shipping boxes, they do make a fairly decent pair of bookends!

You are so funny, Hey guys take it from Indy he know about them boxes bought from ebay. and you see what he is doing with his.

t

TYORK said:
You are so funny, Hey guys take it from Indy he know about them boxes bought from ebay. and you see what he is doing with his.

t

Installation tip: Start with the shorter hard back books next to the bookends for some support. After all, the Voom boxes are not that tall. :smug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)