Question with on demand??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pixa241

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2011
Tulare ca
OK so i have 3 TVs with a swm setup with one line coming from dish going to a 4 way splitter. I have an hr24 hr21 and an h21. I also have MRV. The hr24 has the deca built in. The other 2 have the deca modules on the back of them. I have my router next to the hr24 but when i hook it up to my router i get internet but lose MRV. I've searched and read that it does that and i need something to fix it but what exactly do i need to get my MRV and internet access working??

pixa241 said:
OK so i have 3 TVs with a swm setup with one line coming from dish going to a 4 way splitter. I have an hr24 hr21 and an h21. I also have MRV. The hr24 has the deca built in. The other 2 have the deca modules on the back of them. I have my router next to the hr24 but when i hook it up to my router i get internet but lose MRV. I've searched and read that it does that and i need something to fix it but what exactly do i need to get my MRV and internet access working??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Directv-DEC...aultDomain_0&hash=item231903882f#ht_500wt_922

For VOD (Video on Demand) you need to get the Cinema Connection Kit. This puts your internet signal on the coax line and will share it with your HR21 as well. What you are experiencing is totally correct. If you connect the internet to the back of your HR24 you turn off the internal DECA that makes the MRV work. D* sells you their wireless version for $25 plus $6 for shipping. I know you said you have your router next to your HR24, but they will insist on a professional install if you get the wired version. (Or you can do like I did and get the wired version on ebay.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)