Question...

riski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2004
...I was at a friends house last night who just got his E* installed this week. He had quite a run of cable as his dish needed to be about 100 ft from his house due to tree issues. I could not believe the length of time it took for his picture to show after changing channels. The audio would sound and then about 7 to 10 seconds later the picture would appear. His 34 switch is on the outside of his house and overall the installation looked good. Any ideas as to what may be causing his delayed picture?? Thanks

THe swtich being 100ft away from the dish is fine...nothing to note there. My guess would be (from troubleshooting these day in and day out) is the alignment may not be point on. What are the signal strengths of the 3 sats? Is the 3rd sat 105 or 121? Is the receiver a model 522? Need some more info to help you out, but lets start with the basics - signal strength. From the remote, hit MENU, then 6, 1, 1. Check sats 119, 110, and/or 105/121. It is best for consistancy to place the transponder number to 11 for all 3 when recording these numbers.

farmsatguy said:
THe swtich being 100ft away from the dish is fine...nothing to note there. My guess would be (from troubleshooting these day in and day out) is the alignment may not be point on. What are the signal strengths of the 3 sats? Is the 3rd sat 105 or 121? Is the receiver a model 522? Need some more info to help you out, but lets start with the basics - signal strength. From the remote, hit MENU, then 6, 1, 1. Check sats 119, 110, and/or 105/121. It is best for consistancy to place the transponder number to 11 for all 3 when recording these numbers.

I would have to agree. I've got a really long run on my 811. From the dish to the switch is 50ft or so, then another 120+ ft to my reciever. I only have problems when the dish gets bumped out of alignment. Which happens too often now that we're staying in an apartment until our new house is built. The installer put the 2 dishes on tripods, but didn't secure the tripods. They are currently in my back patio area, on the ground, which is uneven and covered by decorative rocks, and btw, it's super windy where I live a lot of the time. :no

Stryf3 said:
I would have to agree. I've got a really long run on my 811. From the dish to the switch is 50ft or so, then another 120+ ft to my reciever. I only have problems when the dish gets bumped out of alignment. Which happens too often now that we're staying in an apartment until our new house is built. The installer put the 2 dishes on tripods, but didn't secure the tripods. They are currently in my back patio area, on the ground, which is uneven and covered by decorative rocks, and btw, it's super windy where I live a lot of the time. :no
Have you tried getting some bags of play sand and placing them on the legs of the tripod to anchor them? :)

On transponder 11...119 is 101...110 is 106...105 is 62. Good sig strength. Yes, the switch is about 100 ft away from the dish. He called me this morning and said it was still having a problem. 2 322 receivers is what he has set up.

YOur right, the signal strengths are fine. Is the problem found at all locations with the picture delay? Or is it isolated to one location and/or one receiver? It is very common as well for all receivers to "pause" some when changing from one channel to another because of the fact that it waits for up to 4 digits to be entered on the remote. For exmple, in my area, channel 6 will pause for several seconds b4 coming in because the remote can enter in several more digits so the receiver waits for the additonal input. If you change from say channel 105 (USA Network) to channel 122 (SciFi) is there a great lag in time? Or is just when going to local channels on the 105 sat?

its happening with pretty much all of the channels...7 to 10 second delay once the audio is there. I believe he was calling the installer today to see if he can tweak it.

riski said:
its happening with pretty much all of the channels...7 to 10 second delay once the audio is there. I believe he was calling the installer today to see if he can tweak it.

It doesnt sound like a signal strength issue... it sounds like either a switch (doesnt sound like it at all really) or a Reciever Issue... is the 322 the only reciever/only reciever with problems?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)