Question?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Has anyone ever dealt with DrSat up in Canada? I see they have the AZBox line advertised on their website and was wondering if they sell here in the USA also?

I would assume they do, heck this is Canada not Cuba, lol. I bought mine from them personally at their store in Oakville, no problem , very nice and knowledgeable people. Maybe Pwrsurge, I beleive thats his member name here, reads this and can give you more details.

I bought mine online from them, great service (they updated the firmware and replaced the satellite list with a good North American version). Best to e-mail and ask whether they ship to the US or not.

OK so the guy in Miami has the Ultra up again for $279 shipped so I guess that "other guy" in MO isn't the only one selling them. Will order one from him in the morning, and thanks for the replies on Dr. Sat as it's always good to have additional sources available. ;-)

I also bought my azbox ultra from The Dr. I live in the Niagara region and wanted an azbox for a while and the US was the only place to get one. Found dr.sat online and have bought many sat parts from him. At 310.00cdn I think it is a great price compared to getting it from US +customs +broker feeds etc. If you need any satellite products in and around Ontario...he's your guy to check with.

I also bought my azbox ultra from The Dr. I live in the Niagara region and wanted an azbox for a while and the US was the only place to get one. Found dr.sat online and have bought many sat parts from him. At 310.00cdn I think it is a great price compared to getting it from US +customs +broker feeds etc. If you need any satellite products in and around Ontario...he's your guy to check with.

Got a quote from DrSat on an Ultra but $29 for shipping was a killer not to mention that the guy in Miami was $50 cheaper on the price.

Anyway, I ordered one from Miami last night and it should be here around Wednesday of next week.

Oh, and DrSat told me in that Email that they are getting setup to sell here in the USA too through Ebay so that will be another source for those "dish heads" among us.

I emailed DrSAT before their new "official" web site came on line and chatted with them. I was not shopping or buying anything from them, just making inquiries about their business and available products and support.

My impression was extremely positive and I kept checking their website while it was "Under Construction" until it came on line fully. I think they did a really swell job with it! I like their channel list search option on their web site. Looks neat, easy to navigate and quick and it is fairly accurate (not 100% - but no site can be totally accurate with all the changes that arise almost daily).
I give DrSAT a big applause!

RADAR

Yeah AcWx I was impressed with how quickly DrSat responded to my Email asking for a price quote. I heard from them the very next day, which is unusual to say the least. I've sent several Email messages to OpenSat and it took over two weeks to get a reply. I've also sent a couple of messages to the guy in Miami and have yet to receive a reply from him at all?? This is nothing new for him though as he was that way too when I contacted him about an Elite. If it wasn't for his cheap price I'd probably just have gotten the Ultra from DrSat. As was stated before though, it is good to have another source for Satellite parts and stuff.

You know the old saying, "You have to pay for the extra service".
I know people are always looking to save a buck, but the ones with a bad service record, what happens if there is a problem with the receiver?
More down time, hassles, and grief; whereas the one with better service will go the extra mile to see you have minimal downtime.

I've been on the phone with Dr Sat twice now and I find them to be quite knowledgeable regarding FTA, and I would likely deal with them except shipping from there seems quite high. I was inquiring about a 1m Ku dish and the shipping ended up being more expensive than the dish itself...which made the cost too high. Don't know why domestic shipping is so high for such items. Really limits business potential for a new company like this.
-C.

Cham said:
I would likely deal with them except shipping from there seems quite high. I was inquiring about a 1m Ku dish and the shipping ended up being more expensive than the dish itself..
Ever consider buying the dish from a sponsor of this forum? Example for a purchase of our highly rated 90cm dish is in the signature below. Yes, we don't carry the AZBox, but check out your forum sponsors for other items and you will find great service and prices.

I would likely deal with them except shipping from there seems quite high.

Shipping they quoted me was for FedEx I think. I sent them a return message stating that USPS was cheaper and usually as fast or faster as the other guys ground service. I think they are going to look into that as they responded that postal service shipping was slower, which for me is not an issue as this is just a hobby so I don't have to have it yesterday.

Ennywho, maybe they will figure out how to get the shipping costs down in the future.

Of course I have considered forum sponsors!
Cross border shipping is even worse for large items. Might order one from you or WSI but have to wait till I have a trip planned across the border. Much easier to cross dock at a brokerage firm on the US side, pick it up there, and bring it across myself.
You might get a call one of these days.. :)
-C.

Last edited:
Of course I have considered forum sponsors!
Cross border shipping is even worse for large items. Might order one from you or WSI but have to wait till I have a trip planned across the border. Much easier to cross dock at a brokerage firm on the US side, pick it up there, and bring it across myself.
You might get a call one of these days.. :)
-C.

I ordered a GeoSatPro 1.2 dish from SatelliteAV for delivery in Eastern Canada. It was shipped from Ontario (Windsor, I think), with no border complications and great pricing on both product and shipping.

jww...you ordered from the USA and it was shipped from CDN? Were you not charged any broker feeds or taxes for this? Just wondering.

jww...you ordered from the USA and it was shipped from CDN? Were you not charged any broker feeds or taxes for this? Just wondering.

I'm sure it was Satellite AV that shipped from Ontario so there was no broker required. I must have paid GST as it was a domestic purchase. You could ask Brian Gohl of Satellite AV but I think they have a Canadian distribution point for orders placed through their website. I am trying the website but it is 2:30 Sunday morning in California so it might be out for service.

GEOSATpro 1.2M dishes are available for shipment from our Ontario based distributor with appropriate provincial taxes. Shipping quotes on the oversized 1.2m carton are only available via telephone. You may view Canadian products and prices online on the Canada.GloryStar.tv website.

Last edited:
I emailed DrSAT before their new "official" web site came on line and chatted with them. I was not shopping or buying anything from them, just making inquiries about their business and available products and support.

My impression was extremely positive and I kept checking their website while it was "Under Construction" until it came on line fully. I think they did a really swell job with it! I like their channel list search option on their web site. Looks neat, easy to navigate and quick and it is fairly accurate (not 100% - but no site can be totally accurate with all the changes that arise almost daily).
I give DrSAT a big applause!

RADAR

Thank you for your positive comments on our website's channel list. As you stated, it is challenging for any FTA channel listing to remain 100% current with the changes that happen on an almost daily basis but we usually revise the list at least once a month. This is why a good blind scanning receiver is very important in order to remain current. We recently added protocol, modulation and chroma information for all channels as more and more channels are switching over to DVB-S2.

We also recently added all HITS channels as well along with their packages under the "C-Band Pay TV" source as we are now offering subscriptions to HITS. Eventually, we will also organise all channels into themes (i.e. Movies, Sports, News, etc...)

Regards,

PwrSurge
Dr. Sat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)