question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had a 2002 model Sony 32" and even though it wasn't hd it supported 1080i which I thought was pretty cool and at the time I had HR23. I did have the tv set up via s-video cables.

if it supported 1080i i was doing HD when connected via component (not via S-vid though); are you meaning it just wasn't native 16x9? Did your TV have comp?

I had an old 4x3 Sony as well that did 1080i via component. It was letterboxed as expected, but it supported the HD rez;

Commenting off my post?

"if it supported 1080i i was doing HD when connected via component (not via S-vid though)"

My first HDTV was a 4x3 RCA. I can't remember the back panel exactly but I remember the hookup to the HD Directv box was definitely VGA, not component. The component ports did not support progressive.

1 of my TVs during the "transition" had the VGA (never tried it) but the Sony and my buddy's Hitachi UltraVision (both native 4x3) had component to support 1080i

S-Video acted as the video in (yellow wire) and the audio (red and white) gets plugged in for audio and I think that's the only wires that were connected to the tv at the time.

R/W would be composite audio and I get thats how it was connected; what I am asking is if you know if that TV had component IN?

Status
Please reply by conversation.