question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had a 2002 model Sony 32" and even though it wasn't hd it supported 1080i which I thought was pretty cool and at the time I had HR23. I did have the tv set up via s-video cables.

if it supported 1080i i was doing HD when connected via component (not via S-vid though); are you meaning it just wasn't native 16x9? Did your TV have comp?

I had an old 4x3 Sony as well that did 1080i via component. It was letterboxed as expected, but it supported the HD rez;

Commenting off my post?

"if it supported 1080i i was doing HD when connected via component (not via S-vid though)"

My first HDTV was a 4x3 RCA. I can't remember the back panel exactly but I remember the hookup to the HD Directv box was definitely VGA, not component. The component ports did not support progressive.

1 of my TVs during the "transition" had the VGA (never tried it) but the Sony and my buddy's Hitachi UltraVision (both native 4x3) had component to support 1080i

S-Video acted as the video in (yellow wire) and the audio (red and white) gets plugged in for audio and I think that's the only wires that were connected to the tv at the time.

R/W would be composite audio and I get thats how it was connected; what I am asking is if you know if that TV had component IN?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts