Question???

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
The guys came out today and upgraded my Dish service to HD. I got a 722 receiver and a 222 receiver. They pointed at 61.5, 72, and 77 and none of my 72W channels come in clearly. I checked the receivers, and both are getting more signal on 72 than on the other two, but I get very pixellated/freezing channels on 72. 61.5 and 77 are fine. Does anyone know what might cause this?

It could be a failing LNB, but normally is caused by low signal. If you run a check switch test, does everything come back ok?

If this continues, we can have a tech come back out

Everything checks out fine. Could it be possible that they installed a defective LNB? It was a local company that did the installation, and I'm sure I could get them to come back and check it.

Not to step on yer toes Matt...but LoTech, are any of the signal cables running along/near house electrical wiring? I only mention because, I *JUST* ran across a similar issue in the field. Signal lines were ziptied along a weatherhead pipe, and it started pixelating one specific set of channels.

Not to step on yer toes Matt...but LoTech, are any of the signal cables running along/near house electrical wiring? I only mention because, I *JUST* ran across a similar issue in the field. Signal lines were ziptied along a weatherhead pipe, and it started pixelating one specific set of channels.

You're not stepping on toes at all! We're all here to help :D

Update

I just activated autopay to get HD for life, and when I checked the HD channels on 72 they come in just fine. SD channels still pixelate/freeze up...on both receivers. Lots of green blocks. Now I am confused.

If you can, try getting those signal lines away from the weatherhead. Just 6 inches will do. If you can't, or it doesn't fix it, I'm sure one of the DIRT team can set you up with a tech visit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)