question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
how do you hook up two antennas into one tv.the antenna that i will be getting real soon will be pointed toward chicago and the other antenna that i ponted towards peoria that i have have on the roof right now i would like to know how do i hook up the two into one line going to the hopper with sling dvr.any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Allen bluegras .

how do you hook up two antennas into one tv.the antenna that i will be getting real soon will be pointed toward chicago and the other antenna that i ponted towards peoria that i have have on the roof right now i would like to know how do i hook up the two into one line going to the hopper with sling dvr.any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Allen bluegras .
What antennas are you combining VHF and UHF or 2 all channel antennaes?

will i need a preamp with the second antenna i just wanted to know i already have one on the small antenna.i want to combine both of the antennas together and hook it up to the hopper with sling dvr.

What antennas are you combining VHF and UHF or 2 all channel antennaes?
Please supply some real information that we can use to help you. We can't see the antenna you already have on the roof. With out you telling us we can't tell what antenna you are planning on getting for Chicago. With out knowing where you are we can't guess if you will need a preamplifier, please post a tvfool.com report?

You've got a serious uphill battle ahead and based on how many edges you have on a lot of the channels, it is likely to be very weather dependent and you'll need to be very, very careful about multipath with even a single antenna.

Any idea which channels are the most important to your desired lineup?

Channel master5020 masterpiece 100 for 159.00 is the one i want to point to chicago.the one i got on the roof now is clearmaster 2V with mount towards peoria.here is my tvfool report
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=2c1503164b4937

thanks

Allen
Is your Peoria antenna possibly a Clearstream C2?
The CM5020 now seems to be a Masterpiece 100 VHF/UHF that is about 9ft. long it may be good for 100 miles VHF but for UHF very doubtful. Most of the Chicago stations are 80 miles away and 1 or 2 EDGE. Even with a good preamplifier reliable reception is going to be doubtful. Your Peoria stations are also UHF so you can't use a UHF/VHF combiner and any combiner is going to add signal loss. If you want to try for Chicago an A/B switch may be your best bet.

Agree with boba, Chicago stations will be tough and you'll need to minimize signal loss - use high quality shielded coax and keep the run as short as possible. Appears most are UHF so if you can live without the handful of VHF channels, you could try an Antennas Direct 91XG with a good preamp. It is a 70+ mile directional antenna and they are highly rated for their ability to pull in distant stations.

Connecting two all-channel or two VHF or two UHF antennas together will produce lousy results. The two antennas will give you lots of multipath problems and poor reception. The best method with minimal loss is to run two separate coax lines and use an A-B switch to change from one antenna to another.

A combiner is only good for connecting a VHF antenna and a UHF antenna together, which Bluegras is not doing.

Reactions: Mr Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)