Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rabesbabe

Original poster
Jul 15, 2005
I have a question about C-BAND
Can I have multiple receivers, like one in each room without having to watch the same channel on every tv? I also read in other posts that when you change the channel, the dish has to find the satellite. How long does this take? Thanks

You can get a dual C-band feed and be able to have two 4dtv's and watch different channels on two TV's, I think they even have dual c/ku, but you can only watch channels on the same satellite, If you want the best picture you can get and the best prices on progamming then big dish it is.

You can also just get a regular c/ku feedhorn and use the dish on the largest screen in the house, and use dbs or cable for all the small TV's.

It does not take long for the dish to move to satellites, well depending on from what bird you are moving to, the picture quality makes up for the few seconds you must wait to go to the next bird :)

Thanks, I guess I will get it in my living room where I have a HDTV. I'll keep the mini dish for the other 2 rooms. My sister already has the mesh dish in her backyard, so I'll steal hers. :D

Welcome to Satelliteguys.us :-D And also welcome to the world of c band satellite, once you have it you will love it. Not only do you get the best prices on programming, and SUPERB picture quality, but there is lots of great programming up there for free (FTA) with a c/ku band system. Feel free to post any questions here, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here and I am sure someone can answer any questions you have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)