Questions about Directv boxes compatability with my system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sfrohman

Original poster
Aug 25, 2010
Minnesota
Hello,

I'm a new Directv customer and just had them install the new HDDvr box in my house. I'm currently looking at installing multiple boxes in other various locations in my house and have a few question. The installer put in their new slimline dish and an swm switch in my central cable box so we could run the cables through the house. Im curious as to wich model of directvs HD and HDDVR boxes are compatible with this system. I've done a little looking and have come up with some theories.

I think the H-20 through H-23s will work on my system and recieve all the hd channels if I connect a B band converter to them and then to the wall.

I think the older HDDVRs will also work in the same way with the one b band converter.

The newest HDdvr and the H24 will work just plugging one input directly into the wall. Is this valid or am I wrong about something? The installer said the swm system would only work with certain DVRs that are compatible to use only one coaxil input. Which boxes are these?

Im slightly confused and would like to know which of these models would work on my system as I think I would be ok buying an older model online to save some money instead of paying top dollar for the latest ones.

Thanks for the help.

The b-band conv (BBC) is NOT for SWM dishes - it's for NON-SWM dishes only...

All of the HR2x series HD DVR's, all of the H2x series HD receivers & the R22 DVR's are all SWM compatible - again, you do NOT use BBC's with your dish.

The R16 SD DVR & D12 SD receivers are also SWM compatible, FYI...

The b-band conv (BBC) is NOT for SWM dishes - it's for NON-SWM dishes only...

All of the HR2x series HD DVR's, all of the H2x series HD receivers & the R22 DVR's are all SWM compatible - again, you do NOT use BBC's with your dish.

The R16 SD DVR & D12 SD receivers are also SWM compatible, FYI...

h 23 & hr 23 do not require bbc on either dish ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts