Questions about E* cancellation charges...

Siriusfan

Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
Ok guys, dont flame me for asking..but I had Comcast for over a year and switched to Dish last week with the Platinum HD package. Well after having the service for 5 days, my wife and I decided that it was not for us and cancelled the service. :(
Now I knew that there was going to be a pro-rated cancellation fee for the 18 month commitment and was completely willing to pay. The part that really got me was that I am not getting ANY money back for the $299 622 "lease fee" AND the customer service guy told me that I have to climb on the roof and dismantle the dish to send them the LNB. Is this typical when cancelling with Dish?

If so, then I will do what I have to but thought I would get the expert advice from the gurus on this forum!!

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!!

Oh and by the way, this forum is awesome!:up :up

Hi Siriusfan,

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear that you are not happy. Unfortunately the LNB's and receiver belong to E*. It states in the terms of agreement that the $299 is not a deposit and is non-refundable and the LNB's must be returned.

Good luck to you and hope you continue to enjoy the forum.

Scott

psumattDE,

Personally I was pretty happy myself. But unfortunately, when those storms blew thru here Sunday night, my wife like to have freaked out because we kept loosing signal during all of her favorite shows and she was paranoid about tornado warnings not being shown due to signal loss.
The other issues were the 622 with the audio glitches and resetting itself, and the fact that we lost WGN HD and PBS HD (I forgot to mention that when I sold her on the switch:devil: ).
So needless to say, instead of hearing the constant sigh from her, I thought it best to just cancel and go back to cable.

And Thanks for the replys.....this forum is absolutely hands down one of the better forums out there and I will continue to frequent daily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)