Questions about hooking up the Sony STR-DG510 Home Theater Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Leprechuan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
UPS delivered the Sony STR-DG510 Home Theater Receiver that I ordered form Amazon.com.
After looking over the manual, I was wondering could I hook up the Toshiba HD A2 or A3 to the HDMI port that marked for Blu Ray DVD ot do I have to use the DVD HDMI port?
As far as hooking up the ViP622, do I use the component video or the video in for the SAT?

Thanks,

Leprechuan

I am not familiar with your receiver, but I would try connecting HD DVD to the HDMI marked "Blu-ray" and your vip622 to HDMI marked "DVD".

Good luck!

It is just a standard HDMI Port... My Sony has a stero RCA input ability for MiniDisc... but who the hell uses that? lol I'm surprised Sony doesn't also put a mono connection on these receivers for Betamax.

You should be able to hook it up anyway you please, and I think on the model (like mine, but mine is the 6.1 version), you can rename the inputs anyways. Hope this helps.

Leprechuan,

I ended up getting a 810 Sony receiver and it has a similar Blue Ray HDMI input, that's where I hooked up my HD-A3 DVD Player and it works great.

Ah, there's the reply I ws looking for!

RandallA,

Thank you for letting me know, I got lost in this site and didn't see your reply.
I am waiting to see if Father Christmas brings me the Toshiba HD A2 or A3.

Again, my deepest thanks to everyone for the collective support and help.

Peace,

Leprechuan

I've got the 810 too. All the HDMI ports are equal and can be used how you want. I love the renaming on the 810. I have my HR20/PS3/A2 all hooked up to the rcvr, very nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)