Questions about The Hopper?

I agree. I'd rather have a nightstand full of remotes that work exactly as they're meant to than one remote that does many things mediocrely.

There's the issue: Spend a little time getting it to work as you expect, and it will pay off in the long haul. I got my Harmony 880 in 2008 and it controls all my devices flawlessly. The WAF is huge, especially when she can handle the process of watching something on our 722 to popping in a blu-ray...I can't imagine how it would have been accomplished with a 'nightstand full of remotes' ;)

I just figured out that when I press the red shortcut button on the Hopper remote it lest me see what the other tuners are watching and select one of them. I knew it was possible but had no idea on how to access it.

Joeys and Hoppers work the same, you should not be able to tell if your TV is connected to a Joey or Hopper (unless you press the PIP button which only work on the Hopper).

You turned the receiver on or the TV? If it actually did work, I find that very surprising. Pretty cool if it did though.
I turned the tv AND the receiver on, and was able to rewind the channel that it was tuned to. L724 software. I was quite surprised, because I was sure that no buffering took place when the receiver was in standby mode.

I turned the tv AND the receiver on, and was able to rewind the channel that it was tuned to. L724 software. I was quite surprised, because I was sure that no buffering took place when the receiver was in standby mode.
I've had that happen to me before too, but I'm not sure under what conditions because it doesn't happen all the time...

I've seen it happen on my 722 occasionally. I think if a timer fires while in standby sometimes it just keeps on spooling, but I haven't spent any time testing.

+1
And one plus for the wife, she can just press a button and everything gets set up perfectly.

Which is why I have it. Plus MiL concerns.

No need to press a red button across the top for different signals. People think in terms of what they want to do, activities, and the Harmonies work wonderfully for that.

I've noticed buffers on the current channel coming out of standby on my 722, so it isn't all ViPs that clear the buffer in standby.

I didn't notice before, but I turned my 722 on last week, and to my surprise, I had an hour buffer on the channel it was tuned to.

You turned the receiver on or the TV? If it actually did work, I find that very surprising. Pretty cool if it did though.

I've seen it happen on my 722 occasionally. I think if a timer fires while in standby sometimes it just keeps on spooling, but I haven't spent any time testing.
Just as I originally reported. Yesterday, I came home, turned on the receiver, the channel it was tuned to was from the last timer that fired, and I was able to rewind back an hour. L724 software as well, but I believe I remember being able to do this long before L724 was out.

My Harmonies (One & 650) work perfectly. I'm thinking about putting an IR blaster on Hopper #2, with the IR receiver at my kids computer/tv. Hopefully the blaster will block signals from affecting Hopper #1. Can't hurt to try. I've got plenty of RG6 and HDMI, so I can play around with both combinations and see if it'll work. The HDTV's are technically in a separate room, but the two rooms open on each other, no wall dividing. I'd still like both Hoppers in my main equipment rack, but if not, no biggie.

...We would like to get 3 hoppers and No joeys if that is possible.
I don't think there's a way to run 3 Hoppers.

Each Hopper needs 1.5 DPP feeds from a dish to supper it's three tuners. The dual node takes in three dual feeds from the dish/switch (6 feeds) and sends 3 to each Hopper. You'd need access to 9 satellite feeds to service the satellite tuners in 3 Hoppers. That's 4.5 DPP feeds and not possible unless you cascade two DPP44 switches.

There's also the issue of the node. The biggest node only supports three DPP feeds from the dish/switch. I suppose you could add a solo node to the system but one of the Hoppers would be isolated from the other two.

Your best bet is to plan on 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey unless a Hopper can be configured without ANY satellite tuners.
1. Will the hopper have wifi.?
Yes. If you have ethernet close to one of the Hoppers, plug a CAT-5 cable into the back. Second choice is to locate the Hopper Internet Connector (HIC) anywhere in the MOCA network and plug the ethernet cable into that.

You'll need the Wi-Fi adapter. Wi-Fi is not built into the Hopper and should be the last resort to getting interent to it.

Question for anyone that has the Hopper already does the Hopper package contain a solo node or are they separate?