Questions about The Hopper?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
kwindrem said:
Not sure what the -6 is. If it's the existing DVR fee, that remains with the $4 Whole Home DVR fee on top of it. So I think it's +$18.

DVR fee $6 (same as the 722k)
Whole Home DVR fee $4
Joeys $7 x 2 $14

Total monthly equipment-related fees: $24
Difference from 722k: $18

Not apples to apples.

He have 1 722k. Means 2 TV.
Vs
1h & 2j. Means 3 TV.

If he adds another box to his setup of 722k then he will have atleast $7 increase.

kwindrem said:
Not sure what the -6 is. If it's the existing DVR fee, that remains with the $4 Whole Home DVR fee on top of it. So I think it's +$18.

DVR fee $6 (same as the 722k)
Whole Home DVR fee $4
Joeys $7 x 2 $14

Total monthly equipment-related fees: $24
Difference from 722k: $18

Thanks, wasn't sure about the Dvr fee.

Thanks, wasn't sure about the Dvr fee.

That's only 1 dollar more than adding another 722K. If you don't need the 4th tuner, 1H/3J is definitely better. Even better would be 2H/2J, if you can afford the initial upgrade cost, it would end up costing the same monthly.

Personally, I prefer it that way, but if they would give more options, then everyone could be happy.
My experience, at least with the 722, is that if you change the default padding to something else, it will force the use of a 2nd tuner. The trick is to figure out what that "something else" is. I have mine set for 2min pads on each end and it never does a hard cut on the same tuner. So in a sense, you might have an "option", if you can make it work to your liking.

So if I'm figuring it correctly, going from a 722k to 1 hopper and 2 joeys, my fees would increase by $12. 7+7+4-6=12.

Sure, but you are comparing one HD receiver to three HD receivers. There is no way that you can operate 3 HD TVs independently without a receiver(fee) for each.

I have a question about the Joeys. I noticed that they do not have the remote antenna hooked to them like the Hoppers. Do the Joeys operate via UHF2G as well or do they use IR? Or both?

I have a question about the Joeys. I noticed that they do not have the remote antenna hooked to them like the Hoppers. Do the Joeys operate via UHF2G as well or do they use IR? Or both?

They are RF. Antenna is internal. 40.0 remote is RF only for SAT functions, but the consoles respond to standard Dish IR signals if enabled.

Thanks! Thought so but wasn't sure. Yeah I actually still use my 20.0/21.0s on my H/Js as well as the 40.0s.

I figured out how to pull up the menu to switch the input (TV, AV, Component, HDMI1, etc.) but I can't get it to move so that I can play our Wii.
The cursor won't move. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts