Questions about The Hopper?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Does that have HD?

Within your home on the LAN you probably can get HD quality. To watch away from home you will need a solid and consistent 4 Mbs upload speed on your connection and on the location where you are trying to watch the same speed. If you are just going to watch on a Smart Phone you really don't need HD as you won't see the quality.

That is correct. The Hopper can only use EHDs off of a VIP DVR and the 211 is not a DVR. It is a converted DVR using that EHD.....

I just got to thinking about some more things. Okay so with Hopper, you can't dedicate tuners to any TVs. Okay, so, what about padding? When a recording is padding 3 minutes late and 1 minute early, is it going to take an extra tuner, and boot off someone watching TV, every time padding takes place? On the ViP series, if there are things going back-to-back, it simply takes off the padding, so as not to use more than 1 tuner at a time. How does Hopper/Joey handle this?

Anyone know the answer to this?

I have another question. Does Hopper need to occupy a tuner if just playing a recording via Sling adapter? Also, is it true that you can't see EHD content on hopper via Sling adapter? I know on my 722Ks I can.

Still upgrading in a few days!

I have another question. Does Hopper need to occupy a tuner if just playing a recording via Sling adapter?
Yes. Sling and PIP both use Hopper's second decoder and if a tuner is attached to that decoder it is flagged as in use.

Also, is it true that you can't see EHD content on hopper via Sling adapter? I know on my 722Ks I can.

Yes, I'm afraid this is true as well. Same on all receiver models. It makes storage of programs on EHD less useful. Sling (aka Dish OnLine) should display programs regardless of storage media (internal or any of the external drives).

Same on all receiver models.

I'm assuming you mean on Hopper/Joey? On my 722Ks I can Sling recorded content from the EHD with the Sling Adapter.

You know you can plug that ota cable straight into your HD digital tv and it pull em in. Justcant record.

Yeah but it's not the same. I will be missing my MT2 tuners on my 722K, but hopefully Dish won't take forever to release the ota adapter for Hopper.

I'm assuming you mean on Hopper/Joey? On my 722Ks I can Sling recorded content from the EHD with the Sling Adapter.
Good to know. Sorry for misinformation. I had a 922 before the Hopper and Dish OnLine and Dish Remote Access could not see EHDs on it.

Good to know. Sorry for misinformation. I had a 922 before the Hopper and Dish OnLine and Dish Remote Access could not see EHDs on it.

That's good to know as well which probably means that H/J won't be able to do it either for a very long time (if ever.)

Bah, I'll have to start moving things off the EHD before I leave...

That's good to know as well which probably means that H/J won't be able to do it either for a very long time (if ever.)
I wouldn't be that pessimistic. Hopper is already way more than the 922 and it's definitely getting software attention. If the 722k did it, I'd expect Hopper to add it also, just maybe not "soon".

So if I'm figuring it correctly, going from a 722k to 1 hopper and 2 joeys, my fees would increase by $12. 7+7+4-6=12.
Not sure what the -6 is. If it's the existing DVR fee, that remains with the $4 Whole Home DVR fee on top of it. So I think it's +$18.

DVR fee $6 (same as the 722k)
Whole Home DVR fee $4
Joeys $7 x 2 $14

Total monthly equipment-related fees: $24
Difference from 722k: $18

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts