Questions about The Hopper?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
So today we learned a lot about the Hopper and Joey and many of us are looking forward to March 15th so we can get our hands on them!

But as with any time we get answers on a new product we find that the answers generate new questions, and today is no different...

So with that please sumbit your Hopper / Joey questions here and I will then subit them to DISH to try getting you the answers your desire. Now in saying that just because you posted a question I can not promise that the folks from DISH will answer your question. But I will try to get them to answer as many of them as possible.

My thanks in advance to the people from DISH for being willing to field quesitons from our members here at SatelliteGuys!

PLEASE QUESTIONS ONLY - DO NOT USE THIS THREAD AS A DISCUSSION OR COMPLAINT THREAD - THIS THREAD WILL BE HEAVILY MODERATED TO ENSURE QUESTIONS ONLY! - AGAIN QUESTIONS ONLY PLEASE!!!

Can you sign up on a metal pack (say Dish Silver) and get the waived equipment cost or does it HAVE to be AT200 or greater?

Once the OTA module is released, will every tuner in the house see the OTA channels and be able to tune to them independently? Will the 2nd hopper see the OTA channels from the 1st hopper?

in a 2 hopper setup, do you need 1 or 2 sling adapters to see all the content

will both hoppers see EHD(s) on both ?

With the current software you would need 2 Sling Adapters one on Each Hopper. When the software is upgraded I am told you will only need one.

(NOTE this is not a discussion thread, but I will answer questions where I can. If you wish to comment on my answer please cut and paste my answer into a new thread so that we can keep this thread all questions and answers... thanks!)

1. How many timers/events are allowed with a hopper?
2. In a two hopper system, are timers kept on one hopper or split between them?
3. Are ALL outputs live on the hopper?

If you buy the Joeys, do you still pay the $7 monthly fee???
Yes, consider it a programming mirroring fee.

(NOTE this is not a discussion thread, but I will answer questions where I can. If you wish to comment on my answer please cut and paste my answer into a new thread so that we can keep this thread all questions and answers... thanks!)

How much is a 2nd Hopper for New and Existing subs? Also how much would additional Joeys cost with the addition of a 2nd Hopper?

Can more than 3 Joeys be on an account with 1 Hopper? (I know that only 3 are supported concurrently but can you have more for guest rooms, garage, etc?)

Any pricing details for the Internet Adapter?

Is the 999 event limit finally fixed for the Hopper? (I should think so given the size of it's internal disk.)

would 2 hoppers be the same price per month as 1 hopper and joey?

Grade A customers get 1 hopper and 3 joeys free? or is there a fee?

With the initial launch 2 Hopper's won't be able to share content (although this is "coming"). If I have 2 Hoppers and one or two Joey's in a setup that's intended to have shared content, does each Joey need to be paired with a specific Hopper? If so, is it possible to easily change which Hopper it sees?

Can multiple remotes be assigned to a single Joey (for mimicking the TV2 SD functionality of vip receivers).

When the ota module is released, will it use one of the three built in tuners or willo it be an additional tuner and in a 2 Hopper system, can you use an ota module on each?

Will the joey be able to output from both the HDMI and RCA jacks at the same time. Given the fees for the extra joeys I would like to feed my non hdtv's from the RCA Jacks will that be possible?

If that's possible with the Joey remote be similar to the TV2 remote for the 722k, that can be used throughout the house.

Hey Scott, I didn't hear or see this at all yet but can an account have just 2 Hoppers? The Customer Estimate Sheet for the Hopper that I have does not show that scenario.

(ANSWERED BY SCOTT)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Scott, I didn't hear or see this at all yet but can an account have just 2 Hoppers? The Customer Estimate Sheet for the Hopper that I have does not show that scenario.

They said on the chat that the answer to this was yes. They customer has to pay $199 for the extra Hopper then $7 a month for it.

I have a VIP 922 and a VIP 612. The 612 is owned. Can I upgrade to the Hopper with the 922 or you need the Joey also??

(ANSWERED BY SCOTT)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)