Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Have already compiled your questions about Hopper and Joey from the main Hopper thread, but now I am looking for non Hopper technical questions.

So if you have any please post them here and I will do my best to ask the Dish tech gurus. :)

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

I asked that before and was told that their contracts with providers prevent them from doing that.

I would like to ask them when they will get around to fixing the guide data for OTA channels, specifically those that they offer the same local channel and guide info for that channel.

Do they plan to spread the ViP922 GUI to other receivers?

Most Importantly: Do they plan to fix the skip back problem?

How hard would it be to add manual timers to the 922 software? That's the only thing preventing me from getting one :( I still have a few OTA channels are not supported by the guide & I have to use manuals...

Thx

Will they get sling output/Dish app working on HDMI for iPhone?

Will they get Dish receivers to work with sling apps on other devices like the Revue that now support sling?

When do they plan on adding bbmp to the 922? are they plan on adding anymore national hd and rsn in 24/7 hd ?

Hey Scott, see if they have any updates on the ability of transfering content from the DVR onto a tablet such as the iPad. I know they have been working on it.

Would it be possible for back-to-back DVR recordings on the same channel to each be padded at the front and end? I.e. there would be identical video in each of the recordings. Right now back-to-back recordings on the same channel don't get either the front or end paddings, which can lead to the beginnings or endings of programs being in the wrong recording. It seems to me that the DVRs could write their video buffers to both recordings simultaneously in order to preserve the proper paddings.

I feel like I've done a poor job explaining this, but I'm struggling to come up with better wording. Please respond if clarification is necessary.

Seeing as how yet another "weather channel" thread has popped up here again, ask 'em how the
state-of-the-art, full-time weather forecasting services designed specifically for satellite customers, including localized weather programming
is going ? :D

Will they get sling output/Dish app working on HDMI for iPhone?

Will they get Dish receivers to work with sling apps on other devices like the Revue that now support sling?
I'd be interested in an update to the SlingPlayers for all supported devices that works with the Sling Adapter so we can work around the instability of DO. Knowing the content is coming from active DISH DVRs should be sufficient.

Are they going to even try to fix Dish Online to bring it on par with Dish Remote Access in both functionality (resume) and reliability (not starting DVR recording playback on TV 1 instead of the web) before they kill DRA?

harshness said:
How about XIP firmware for conventional HD equipment?
MoCA is not done by firmware, it's done by the chipset which none of the ViPs support.

Btw I was just informed there will be no q&a section on todays event.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app! They only have 30 minutes to do their thing and clear the room.