Questions for the Dish Tech Team?

Can they work on the ability to split DVR recordings? :)

I asked that before and was told that their contracts with providers prevent them from doing that.
I meant to follow up with this a while back...

So, how about making a copy of part of a DVR recording, like for instance: you are watching a DVR recording, pick a start point, press record, FF to a stop point, press stop, and it would make a DVR copy of the segment you selected. The original recording would remain intact, presumably satisfying providers' constraints? Whataya think? :)

I remember this being mentioned years ago with people wanting to edit out parts of their DVR recording but nothing ever happened. Maybe not enough demand to do such a thing?

I meant to follow up with this a while back...

So, how about making a copy of part of a DVR recording, like for instance: you are watching a DVR recording, pick a start point, press record, FF to a stop point, press stop, and it would make a DVR copy of the segment you selected. The original recording would remain intact, presumably satisfying providers' constraints? Whataya think? :)

I would love to have this ability. There's many times I have wanted to do just that, but instead had to record a whole show.

Ghpr13:)

Yep. I have much of a World at War episode (6?) just to have a recording of a German woman's letter to her POW husband. Let's just say, it didn't make his day. Couldn't find that quote or letter on Google. I'll burn it to disc one day, just to make sure I don't lose it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)