Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hey guys... I am compiling a list of questions for the tech guys at DISH to answer.

Please submit your questions and I will do my best to get the best ones answered tomorrow. :)

OTA - dual or single tuner?
OTA - does it function add additional streams, or disable an internal tuner when in use like D*?

Could stump the techs ....

For OTA what happens if you get two USB turners one for hopper one and a second one for hopper two and the hoppers are now fully integrated in this case.

Follow up, what happens if hopper one OTA antenna points one direction to get distant stations and the second hopper points to nearby market? So each OTA gets different locals

Why doesn't Dish come out with a standalone SlingPlayer, or DRA app, or workable Chrome client, for my Logitech Revue?

Why doesn't Dish enable the Sling Adapter for my 612? For non-DVR VIP receivers?

Why doesn't Dish come out with a standalone SlingPlayer, or DRA app, or workable Chrome client, for my Logitech Revue?

Why doesn't Dish enable the Sling Adapter for my 612? For non-DVR VIP receivers?

or at least open the SlingApp for Dish boxes.

1. Regarding the value of the coming OTA USB product: Ask if providing AT LEAST OTA program guide data for Antenna TV, This TV, and MeTV across the country (L.A. has data for This and Antenna, but NOT METV) is a technical problem (they are working on) or how they plan to address that. Those 3 OTA multiplex channels are among the most popular and now even the #1 reason I want OTA integration with the Hopper, but it will be of NO good use without the guide data. Such a fix would add tremendous value to the Dish box.

2. Ask them to explain why MANUAL Timers are NOT available with the Hopper (at least that is what I thought was stated on this forum, and we all know about the lack of it on the 922), and I don't always want to go to the internet to do this. It would seem that it would be easy to have the manual timer feature that exists on all the legacy boxes, AND a manual timer would help dealing with NO GUIDE DATA for some OTA's. Will we ever see a manual timer for the new XiP's?

Thanks.

Can they please fix the PIP controls to be like the 722 with the position button switching between side by side and no PIP. Also be able to change the PIP channel using browse like the 722.

Remove the PIP channel from the TV Viewing Screen when it's actually available for Joeys to use or at least change the status text from watching to available. This would be way less confusing to Joey users.

The answer to this is yes. Many have been doing it since day one of the hopper.

Haven't there also been some reports of folks not being able to watch archived recordings from channels they no longer subscribe to, once connected to the Hopper? If that is still true, perhaps Scott could ask for an update on the resolution of that issue?

And what about clear QAM?

For those of us who live a good distance from the towers this would be an awesome perk if the USB OTA tuner could pick up clear QAM. My cable internet provider does allow clear QAM on my cable internet line.

Damn, I missed this thread. Wanted to ask if any of the features like AutoHop, or setting markers in recorded shows will make its way into the ViP line of receivers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)