Questions for those who have already upgraded to Mpeg 4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

aristotlewilde

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 19, 2004
I got my upgrade done yesterday. PQ is solid! My question is, why do I only get NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX in HD. Why not UPN, WB and PBS?

That's what D* chose to focus on. Get the four networks up in every DMA, then worry about additional programming.

Not all UPN and WB local affiliates are even broadcasting in HD yet. (My local WB, for example, does not.)

And another question for those of you who have upgraded - are you able to view any other HD channels via OTA antenna, on your H20 receiver?

sequoiadean said:
And another question for those of you who have upgraded - are you able to view any other HD channels via OTA antenna, on your H20 receiver?
YES

Rad, are you using any diplexers near the receiver to split OTA and satellite signals, or are you using a separate cable from the antenna to the receiver for OTA signals? I'm asking because I currently use diplexers, and it would be difficult for me to run additional cables if I could no longer use diplexers.

sequoiadean said:
Rad, are you using any diplexers near the receiver to split OTA and satellite signals, or are you using a separate cable from the antenna to the receiver for OTA signals? I'm asking because I currently use diplexers, and it would be difficult for me to run additional cables if I could no longer use diplexers.

Once you upgrade to the AT-9 dish (for KA/MPEG4) you CAN'T use diplexors anymore since the new configuration will use the same frequencies that OTA broadcasters use for distributing the new satellites from the dish to the STB's, so you'll need to do a seperate run. If you can, there's a nice video on channel 592 (if I remember correctly) that goes over why you can't use diplexors with the new dish.

I know what you mean. When they did my initial install 10 years ago they used a diplexer and brought the sat signal down along with my CATV. The installer who was there to install my AT9 was going to have to run the cable on the outside and drill through until I remembered I used to have a sat drop in the basement game room. We checked it and it was a straight through drop! To simplify matters, I let him just screw a cable onto the wall jack in the basement and run it up along the fireplace and into the drop ceiling where it was only about a 10' run to drill up through the floor to get to the H20.

I was able to use my old antenna setup for the rest of my locals. Amazingly enough, they ALL work like a charm. I am now questioning the quality of my old box.

The only thing I am not receiving is CBC, but that might just be a minor tweak.

I am in Bloomfield Hills. I have not yet been able to receive CBC. I have that antenna line split to my TV, but have not yet tried to tune it in since readjusting the antenna for better UPN and WB reception.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts