Questions not Asked at Tech Forum

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I had a Boy Scout meeting so I was not available for the Tech chat. I was hoping to get answers for the following:

1) When will the ability to set timers via the internet for the 622 and 722 DVR's be available? I know soon

2) Will the new DTV PAL DVR use the gemstar TVGOS for the Guide or is it strictly using PSIP data?

Here is another one...

Does dish have any plans to do a QAM module similar to the OTA module for the 722k? I know it might not be in dish's best interest, but it would help out a decent amount of customers for the following reasons:

1) The jerks at time warner are now charging me an extra $10 for internet because I don't subscribe to their garbage video and phone services. If I add the "lifeline" cable package to Road-dribbler I would pay about the same give or take a buck. Dish hasn't even hinted at Rochester HD locals. Even though we are the 3rd biggest area in the state behind Buffalo and NYC, so it would be nice to get my HD without an antenna.

2) Better video quality on SOME stations than OTA. WXXI (pbs) does some major multicasting on their digital OTA station and the HD is horrible, the cable feed is pristine because TWC picks up WXXI via fiber.

I am sure Rochester isn't the only market that would benefit from something like this. I think a lot of dish subs receive cable internet without video and experience similar fees or are about to. It actually takes money out of the cable company's pocket because now they to give you something instead of just taking your money for nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)