Questions on 322?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shilton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2003
I have a few questions on the 322 receiver...First off...Dish claims that these are NOT FOR SALE and can only be had by lease holders, but there are currently about a half dozen or so on E-Bay. Are these legit? I mean, can they be had by us or if I bought one would Dish most likely tell me I can't activate it. 2nd....are there 2nd receiver fees (or mirroring fees) on this receiver since it feeds 2 tv's? What I had in mind was getting one to feed my son's tv and mine, so does that count as 1 receiver or 2???

It is available to new DHP customers for free with a 1 yr commitment.

I can't answer the ebay part of it other than I sold a new 921 and the buyer had no problems activating it. As long as there is nothing owed on the account. I would ask the seller for the Reciever and smartcard # and call dish to see if it is a clean unit. If it is, go for it.

RE: 1 or 2? It is considered 1 unit and there is not a mirror fee. That makes it favorable over two 301's.

I bought mine on ebay a few weeks ago and when I called Customer service to have it activated they told me I couldn't do it because I was not a lease holder....so I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com and told them I have already bought it not knowing about having to be a lease holder, and the emailed me back with a direct number and they activated it for me with no problem.
But I also have heard nightmare stories on trying to get it activated.
I like mine.....so if you feel lucky give it a shot...

And they dont charge a fee as long as you keep a phone line hooked up to it 24-7.

You also must have a dish that is set up to feed 2 receivers, because you have to run 2 signal cables to the receiver.

The latest word is that E* will not activate 322s or 522s for other than new DHA subscribers. This is actually what they said from day 1 but evidently they did activate some for a while (after escalation).

E* retailers were also informed that these products were not to be sold. There always seem to be a few that don't read the rules, or the memos, or watch the retailer chats and thus create a problem. There are no retail prices for these products and retailers will receive no back-end payments if they sell them whether they're activated or not.

So the best way to sell them would be by auction with a reserve to ensure they go for a lot more than they should. This, along with recent posts that some of the auctioned receivers were tied to SBC proves what a lot of legitamite retailers already know: that most of these products have been pilfered or stolen from distribution centers, warehouses and delivery trucks.

Best advice: don't buy new dbs satellite recievers from online auction sites. There's no incentive for a legitamite retailer to sell receivers that way and it's very unlikely that a customer would save anything over getting a product he's supposed to have thru normal retail channels (local, legit e-tailers, or direct from E*).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)