Quetzsat 1 Successfully Launched!

No. E8 has 32 operating transponders. Quetzsat the same so no chamge there.

The only abolute change is the area covered by the beams

So this satellite will not be for local channels correct?? I think that's what the post said from before or am I wrong? I thought it was to put the rest of the locals on spotbeams that are at 77W correct?

Chris

The existing channel lineup on 77w is likely to remain "as is" until echostar 16 launches in 2012 (projected fot second half of 2012 by echostar)

The existing channel lineup on 77w is likely to remain "as is" until echostar 16 launches in 2012 (projected fot second half of 2012 by echostar)

What about the added capacity from having both polarizations on the U.S. TPs. Won't Dish be able to use these for more locals and if so, will it require new LNBs?

What about the added capacity from having both polarizations on the U.S. TPs. Won't Dish be able to use these for more locals and if so, will it require new LNBs?

Good point. I don't have reception from 77w and don't know how they are mashing the various E1, E6, and E8 operating options together
Nor do we know how they will use the east and west antennas on Quetzsat 1.

There is nothing unique about the lnb - standard circular polarity 12.2-12.7 just like all other DBS satellites.

New reports are that they reestablished communication with the Brize module and downloaded the telemetry.
This should allow them to identify the cause of the failure

While shifting a payload to another launcher is non-trivial, and sometimes impossible, I can't help but think some people are looking at SeaLaunch and Ariane. But probably not Long March. Of course, this will be resolved far sooner than a rebuild/resked, but knees are weak and insurance is getting very expensive......

Breeze M Failure Identified - Launch Hold Lifted

Wow!

After all these years, someone can still make a big mistake. Not enough time was provided for a gyroscope to stabilize during the burn cycle.

The hold on Proton launches has been lifted and we can still expect to see Quetzsat 1 launched this fall.

ILS Breeze Failure Press Report

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)