Quetzsat 1 Successfully Launched!

I don't mind SD but the PQ on this feed is really bad.

Sent from my iPod touch using SatelliteGuys
yes it is really bad and it is sd charlie should of put this on channel 101 in hd :) heck they have those lousy concerts on there :D :)

I dont have an analog C Band Receiver anymore, my trusty old GI 650i dead last year.

Too bad too because a good analog C band Standard Definition looks almost as good as many HD cable and dbs feeds.

I am in eastern Connecticut with an Eastern Arc Dish. Will this new satellite improve the signal strength I get from 77? Right now I get signal strengths of only 37-41. (Fortunately, there are no channels that I know of on 77 here in Connecticut).

QuetzSat-1 satellite.JPG

And that wraps up this launch!

They are signing off by showing a replay of the launch. I got goosebumps watching it. (I didnt get to see it live) :)

I am in eastern Connecticut with an Eastern Arc Dish. Will this new satellite improve the signal strength I get from 77? Right now I get signal strengths of only 37-41. (Fortunately, there are no channels that I know of on 77 here in Connecticut).
Nope not really. But for the lower half of the US it will make a big improvement. :)

Second Burn Completion has been confirmed.

3rd stage burn followed by APT jettison, followed by 4th stage burn will occur between 6:00 and 6:20 PM Eastern Time

3rd burn, APT Jettison, and 4th burn complete.

35799 x 499 KM - 49.1 degree inclination

5th burn and separation will occur between 11:25 and 11:45 PM Eastern Time

Spacecraft separation confirmed!

Satellite Separation at 11:45 PM

Apogee x Perigee = 35768 x 5983 KM

Inclination reduced from 49.1 to 18.6 degrees during 5th stage burn

International Launch Services has completed their mission.

SES has assumed control of Quetzsat1 and will be managing Quetzsat1's self powered movement into the geostationary orbit.

We should see their advisory sometime in the next 12 hours confirming deployment of solar arrays and establishment of direct communication with Quetzsat1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)