Quick Facts for 622 and 222

onsiteSat

Satellite Sales/Installs
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
Glendale, AZ
Just got these off the web and I thought I would share them here.

(Note from Scott, these are the OFFICIAL 222 and 622 Spec Sheets from Dish Network)

Attachments

• QuickFacts_222.pdf
    528.8 KB · Views: 2,452
  • QuickFacts_622.pdf
    334 KB · Views: 4,305
Last edited by a moderator:
After looking on the back of the VIP 622 my question is: my TV 2 is going to be 75 feet away from where the receiver will be, how will it be hooked up? I can not tell what the connection is between the Satellite inputs and TV 2.

Beckhamfam said:
After looking on the back of the VIP 622 my question is: my TV 2 is going to be 75 feet away from where the receiver will be, how will it be hooked up? I can not tell what the connection is between the Satellite inputs and TV 2.

You would use the coax "Home Distribution" connection to the left of the TV2 composite connectors. These newer boxes also have something new with this connection where both tuners are available on separate channels.

KyDave said:
You would use the coax "Home Distribution" connection to the left of the TV2 composite connectors. These newer boxes also have something new with this connection where both tuners are available on separate channels.
I guess that the 622 des not "pass through" the OTA rf antenna when power off like the 921. It would be nice if it did pass through the ATSC signal like the 510. (edit) looks like the Vip222 does pass through the antenna.

Last edited:
langlin said:
I guess that the 622 des not "pass through" the OTA rf antenna when power off like the 921. It would be nice if it did pass through the ATSC signal like the 510. (edit) looks like the Vip222 does pass through the antenna.

Where do you see that?

If these are anything like the 942, then no, they don't.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Thanks I was just about to upload these. :)
Scott,
Did you get the other referenced document "Quick Facts: Shared Agile Output". I wonder what limitations this has that they have to reference another document for this output...

I see 30 second skip forward AND 10 second skip back buttons! Not sure if 942 has the 10 second skip back but that is extremely useful on my current DVR when you overskip the commercial and need to skip back just a bit.

Does anyone know if I have OTA HD reception diplexed with the sat signal into the Dish HD-DVR for TV1, can TV2 also receive the OTA HD signal through the shared agile modulator?

Can't wait to get the 622 as new customer on February 1st.:D

As an existing 942 leaser, I think the 622 is terrific and can't wait to upgrade for $99 after rebate -- it's just a bummer that I have to wait until April 1st before I can call to schedule the swap.

I noticed the 320 GB hard drive is bigger than the 250 GB one in the 942 -- which is great -- but I'd really like to attach an external USB drive to the 622 to double my recording capacity, which is quickly becoming important as the number of HD channels increases. Anyone hear if this "feature" is enabled in the 622?

Last edited:
I doubt it, and worse, they are crippling the HD by using the extra 70GB for Dish on Demand programming that gets downloaded without you asking it to. I hope they introduce a way to reduce the space used for this "feature" or turn it off completely, or at least to specify what kind of programming it offers you. If it downloads every crappy PPV movie just so i can have it "on demand" when most PPV movies are playing every 1/2 hour or so anyway and I can record them in the middle of the night and watch them anytime I want (how I do "on demand" at the moment), that is a lame use for my HD space, considering how much space HDTV takes up. Yeah, that's a long sentence, but it makes sense.

Anyone having trouble getting the 222 attachment file to open? It seems to be freezing up my computer when I try to open it!

purvis said:
Anyone having trouble getting the 222 attachment file to open? It seems to be freezing up my computer when I try to open it!
I had the same problem. Just save it to a file on your computer (right click on the link and choose "Save Target As"), and open the file afterwards.

Will I be able to record two HD shows at one time? This is very important when E* starts providing HD-LIL.

but at only 25 hours of HD space, you are really cutting into the storage.

hopefully once MPEG4 comes on line, the file sizes will reduce greatly or at least the quality will improve. Apple's H.264 codec can do phenomenal 720p in the 6-7 Mbit/sec range, way better compression algorythm than the typical MPEG2 DVD despite over 2x the data. At that quality, a normal DL DVD could hold HD films plus DD sound, if only the players could play it.

mdonnelly said:
Anybody know when E* will allow existing customers to get the Vip222? I think I'd like two of those.
I'd like one of these also as it has a UHF remote. I cannot use the 211 with an IR remote as my 2nd TV which is a flat panel HDTV is in the kitchen. My 811 which serves it is in an opposing room. I do not have space for a sat receiver in the kitchen. The vip222 would seem to meet the need that I have.
I just called Dish CS. He couldn't tell me when they would be available. In fact, he did not know what they were.
:confused:
Any information on these, Scott? Availability and price? Lease? Purchase?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)