Quick Q about microhd, diseqc positioners and diseqc sat position setting

skysurfer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
I am going over to a friend's house to hook up his microhd and he uses a diseqc positioner and I"m doing some microhd receiver strategizing tonight to get more done quickly at his house.

I am thinking I want to use the same diseqc motor position for the C-band side and Ku-band side of the same satellite (i.e. if AMC-9 C-band is diseqc position 40, I want AMC-9 Ku-band diseqc position to be 40 also, since I think his positioner is limited to 60 positions and don't want to waste 2 positions just to do one hybrid sat).

Is that possible with the microhd to assign more than one sat to the same diseqc sat position or will I be getting an error that position 40 is already used for AMC-9 c-band and have to find something else for AMC-9 Ku-band?

Assign as many satellites as you want to a DiSEqC 1.2 Motor Position! :D

I'm glad that worked that way - it was great to set up a position on his system for a bird that had C and Ku and not have to use up 2 VBOX positions!

I did have an issue with diseqc port commanding but that's something I"ll have to play with using my own switch and a few dishes to simulate his setup before I possibly go into further details in a Q on this forum about how it's done.

I have no idea what you are talking about... However, why reinvent the wheel?
Ask the questions.

The answers you get will educate those of us who need to learn. After 4 years, as of Friday, I have my holes dug for C band dishes; 4 to 4 1/2 feet down. Adding concrete today.

I think his positioner is limited to 60 positions and don't want to waste 2 positions just to do one hybrid sat.

Sky,

The Vbox and Gbox positioners that I have seen can go to 99. His limitation of 60 may be his existing receiver. If this is the case, the new MicroHD can have 128 sats, so no need to be cautious on usage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)