Quick Q - Hopper 3 new coax cable?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rstark18

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
I have an install tomorrow. I'm going from an original Hopper to a Hopper 3. Are they going to have to replace the coax or was what is spec'd for the orig Hopper the same?
I want to get everything accessible if they are going to replace cable, if not then I won't have to move furniture.

Of course the existing coax works just fine with the existing H2000. No need to sweat it... Heck my original H2000 and its replacement H3 work just fine on the coax that I installed in 1987...

If the cable is not 3GHZ rated it should be changed by dish standards.
But an H2K should already have 3Ghz rated cable. What the current install actually is is anyones guess, but if there hasn't been any issue with the current cable and an H2K, there won't be with an H3.

Of course the existing coax works just fine with the existing H2000. No need to sweat it... Heck my original H2000 and its replacement H3 work just fine on the coax that I installed in 1987...
Not rated does not mean not capable. Dish is doing the right thing in replacing the cable to ensure everything will work, but I'd bet 90% of the stuff they replace for Hopper installs would handle 3Ghz just fine.

I looked at the cable and it says 3000 MHz so I should be good unless he thinks it's too old. I doubt he'll want to go under the house to run new cable.

Reactions: ADKDish
I have an install tomorrow. I'm going from an original Hopper to a Hopper 3. Are they going to have to replace the coax or was what is spec'd for the orig Hopper the same?
I want to get everything accessible if they are going to replace cable, if not then I won't have to move furniture.
I know when I was trying to figure out why the Hopper would go out for no reason, Dish sent another Tech visit. Before I knew it, the Tech talked me into doing the upgrade to the Hopper 3. He also informed me, that the coax cable that I had should have been changed with the Hopper. He did that, and I really am glad that he talked me into it, and yes, he did change the coax, and with that change the Hopper 3 rarely goes out!!!! BTW, Did sent me the same Tech a few months after my first Hopper upgrade.

Reactions: ADKDish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)