Quick question on cancel my subscription

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

happy hopping

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
North America
what is the best day to cancel my subscription? Say my invoice is sent out on the 15th, if I cancel 1 of my subscription, should I do it just before the 15th?

Otherwise, is the cancellation pro-rated? in other words, doesn't matter what date you cancel it?

If you have more than one receiver, down grade to one receiver so they will pay the return shipping. Then cancel the last one where you pay the return charge.

Hi,

I just canceled service yesterday, they waived my last bill, i called after bill arrived in mail.

I had the ENTIRE HD LINEUP for $29 for many years until wife called one day wanting an
analog channel, sure enough they deleted it and switched us to a basic package.

Now they say "Oh, that was a grandfathered package, you cough up $100/mo if you want
all the HDs including FTV and Science channel". Fxxx you very much i am done, not now, not
when we have:
1. VUDU 1080p DD+ BD grade movies $5.99 a pop, comm free. Sorry Dish, but i piss on your PPV
picture and sound quality.
2. Netflix, comm free and all the great cinematography to bypass the boxoffice xxxxola.
3. Channelmaster CM-7000PAL that is basically the same Echostar hardware as in any OTA
capable Dish receiver, even has the same remote, and my Harmony remote VIP622 codes
control it beautifully, now have 35 OTA channels in the middle of rural OH. The arrays of 8
Winegards in 3 directions with dual amps on a hilltop do the trick of course:)

Greedy bxxxxxs at Dish, they will not budge, they lost a paying customer of 10+ years, but hey
even in the 21st century, you can count on the check-writing cash-paying analog heads populating the vast wastelands. Sorry, getting bitter here, i realize that for many people in rural America Dish
and DTV are the only link to the world.

Last edited:
I thought Dish got rid of the Absolute package a year ago.

And what's an "analog channel" on Dish Network? They've been digital forever.

Hi,

I just canceled service yesterday, they waived my last bill, i called after bill arrived in mail.
The bill you would be paying in advance for service that you had cancelled?

You certainly are a crafty negotiator. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)