quick question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
can you get the channel maps on g5-12, the starz mux?

im getting a 4dtv sidecard in the mail today, what is a simple guide to set it up to get the maps on g5?

also what satellite do i need to be on to get a hit from nps to set up services?

Maps should be on GB-24, G5 12, G1-3, someone should find them all and post them on a sticky, I think you can get them off c4 and c3 as well.

Maps are found on any premium channel and also the W5 channels. Guide is on G1-3 only.

Maps are found on any premium channel and also the W5 channels. Guide is on G1-3 only.

Are you sure the maps are on w5? From what I know only the digital activation can be done there but I have not heard of the maps being available on that sat.

do i have to be on a specfic map to get a hit from nps?

Maps are available on a few transponders across the arc, digital authorization and activation can be done on these transponders as well.

For a digital activation there are more transponders available for this, though maps are not in the data stream, I also do not think a new 4dtv could be authorized for digital on these transponders.

Are you sure the maps are on w5? From what I know only the digital activation can be done there but I have not heard of the maps being available on that sat.

Yes W5 has two sets of maps one for the 410 and the other for the 4DTV's.

yes interesting info. I always used the Starz mux on G5 to get the maps but if W5 will get them too that would be great :)

ok i have set up the all american pack to test it

cnn and others off G3 like cnn, have horrid pq while the channels off c3, like TLC have great pq?

okay the dsr 905 has +5vp which is +5 volts on my drake, ok, skew out is pulse on my drake, ok got that hooked up, grnd to grnd

but the 905 wont change poloarity! if i hook the 3 wires back up to my drake, can change polarity

so,

1. Does the analog ird have to be hooked up to the 905?
2. which one goes outside? the top 4 terminals or the bottom 4?

Last edited:
There is an option in the menu to adjust the skew...I **think** its either right arrow or left arrow if I remember right. I stumbled upon it once :)

There is an option in the menu to adjust the skew...I **think** its either right arrow or left arrow if I remember right. I stumbled upon it once :)

what is the setup password?

thats not my problem. my problem is that the 905 wont change polarity.

I dont have a password setup on mine

the skew wires will control the polarity ;)
But then again I use a voltage switched LNB so I dont have to worry about that

i have a voltage switched lnbf from ebay, but the feedhorn will not bolt on, the spacing is diffrent, and the throat size is diffrent then a standard feedhorn

ok i have set up the all american pack to test it

cnn and others off G3 like cnn, have horrid pq while the channels off c3, like TLC have great pq?

This is because the channels on C3 are the masters. :rant:The NPS G3 re-ups are the worst as 4DTV goes. The sad part about that is NPS could do something about it (and keep saying they will) but nothing materializes. As usual NPS is probably blowing smoke just like with IPTV and other things before. Not fixing the G3 problem turns off quite a few, especially us with HDTV's. C band was always praised for it fantastic picture quality and there really giving it a bad name with the garbage there dishing out. Maybe NPS will realize someday when the majority of us give up on there bitstarved mess and leave them. It may be too late for them to do anything by then. :(

now if i remember right, the hd-200 will upconvert the sd channels to hd?

NO that is not true. The HDD-200 will decode the HD channels and upscale the standard def to a higher resolution to work with your HDTV. Although from what I hear the scaler sucks in the HDD-200. Your better off leting your HDTV do the scaling. My Sharp AQUOS takes the 922's S 480i video output, upconverts and scales to my 1080p native resolution. I works and looks very good especially on the master feed's.

NO that is not true. The HDD-200 will decode the HD channels and upscale the standard def to a higher resolution to work with your HDTV. Although from what I hear the scaler sucks in the HDD-200. Your better off leting your HDTV do the scaling. My Sharp AQUOS takes the 922's S 480i video output, upconverts and scales to my 1080p native resolution. I works and looks very good especially on the master feed's.

well i plan on getting a sharp notevision front projector, that does 1080i thhrough vga, if i take video to vga upscaler, then the upscaler will take the vid from the 905 and upscale it from 480i to 1280X1024

then the video should be hi res, right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)