Quick Question....

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
What is the lowest posable signal to get a ota to lock on the 921... I can get cbs 2 on ch 3 to lock on at 70 percent but it will never show up in the channel listing... Its weird cauz it will lock on for 30 seconds and then go off for a second and then re lock on.. what ever I do I cant get it to show up in the OTA channel guide list... im hopeing that this channel master 7777preamp that I ordered lastnight will make a world of diffrance and get it to lock on...

I've had the same experience in trying to pick up some more distant locals. I'd get 'em at 70%, then they'd drop down to zero. I'm no expert but I would think you'd have to have at least 80% to get OTA's with any reliability. Fortunately, I'm able to get all the networks OTA in digital EXCEPT FOX, the local station is not yet digital. I was trying to pick up the FOX affiliate that was about 60 mi. from me that IS digital-no could do.

finally got it to pop intoday... after i got a chanel master 7777... it really does make a world of diffrance.. WOW!!!!!!! its in at 60-65 pixalates but its in.. all other otas coming in at 125

Last night I made an observation regarding the 921's OTA sensitivity vs. that of my Hisense DB-2010 HD receiver. I was watching the UFO thing on ABC and on the 921 I was getting too many audio cutouts and MPEG blocking. I changed to the Hisense on my RPTV, and tuned the small TV next to it to my 921, and had both on ABC. The Hisense had far less problems during the show - maybe 2 or 3 audio cutouts, not hardly any video blocking.

The same antenna is split to both of those receivers (just the one 2-way splitter in the path), using equally short pieces of RG6 cable so most likely it's the 921's tuner or its FEC code.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts