Quick Tivo Question.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tward_biteme1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2003
Thinking about getting one.... Will i allow copying to a VCR incase you want to archive a show and watch it on another TV in the house?

You might also want to consider wireless transmitters. I use them to send the output from the TiVos back and forth between TV's, and they're pretty effective. Radio Shack carries them for around $99.

With a wireless transmitter can I watch one thing on the T.V. the TIVO is hooked up to and another thing on the T.V. in the other room?

Just a little confused..

Say I want to watch one recorded show on the T.V. the TIVO is hookup to and

Someone else wants to watch something else recorded on that same TIVO on another T.V.....

Just didn't sound like a wireless transmitter would do that for me.

No you can't. Tivo's will only output one signal at a time. It has two outputs,but the same signal goes through both. He suggested a wireless transmitter so that you can transmit the signal to another room where you would have a vcr and another tv to view it later.

I wish that Tivo's would record to vcr and let you watch another program(live tv),but they don't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)