Quick Tivo Question.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
T

tward_biteme1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 24, 2003
Thinking about getting one.... Will i allow copying to a VCR incase you want to archive a show and watch it on another TV in the house?

G

You might also want to consider wireless transmitters. I use them to send the output from the TiVos back and forth between TV's, and they're pretty effective. Radio Shack carries them for around $99.

silversurfer

silversurfer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Las Vegas, Nevada
Just a note of precaution about wireless transmitters. They do not play well with wireless networks or some 2.4ghz cordless phones.

T

tward_biteme1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 24, 2003
With a wireless transmitter can I watch one thing on the T.V. the TIVO is hooked up to and another thing on the T.V. in the other room?

Just a little confused..

Say I want to watch one recorded show on the T.V. the TIVO is hookup to and

Someone else wants to watch something else recorded on that same TIVO on another T.V.....

Just didn't sound like a wireless transmitter would do that for me.

geneb11

geneb11

SatelliteGuys Family
Supporting Founder
Sep 18, 2003
No you can't. Tivo's will only output one signal at a time. It has two outputs,but the same signal goes through both. He suggested a wireless transmitter so that you can transmit the signal to another room where you would have a vcr and another tv to view it later.

I wish that Tivo's would record to vcr and let you watch another program(live tv),but they don't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.