Quincy Broadcasting / DIRECTV Dispute - Settled

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
This affects me due to my "moved" address in Durand, WI which gets La Crosse, WI locals ABC affiliates WQOW and WXOW. If I wasn't "moved" it'd still affect me with KTTC (NBC and CW) and KXLT (Fox). Question, how long does it usually take until locals from a dispute come back?

as in how long does a dispute take to get settled or how long will you have to wait after its settled to get it back? if its the former, it could be a while, it took (i think) a month or so for Dish to get Fox back, but since this is a smaller company I'd imagine it'll take less then that. If your asking the latter then i would say as fast as humanly possible, probably a day at worst.

DIRECTV, Quincy Reach Retrans Deal
Less than a day after they went dark, about a dozen TV stations in six states owned by Quincy Newspapers are returning to DirecTV customers after the parties agreed to a retransmission consent deal.
DirecTV had claimed that Quincy was asking a for a rate increase of up to three times what it had been paid in the past. At the time, Quincy said that it continued talks with the satellite provider and hoped to reach a resolution soon.

On one of its station websites, KTIV in Sioux Falls, Ia., regional vice president Jerry Watson confirmed an agreement had been reached and the channels were restored.

multichannel.com

Reactions: edisonprime
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)