Qwest bundled billing / $10 free HD autopay credit

Status
Please reply by conversation.

steve952

Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Minnesota
I've been with Qwest & D* for about 6 months now, and decided that since I've been happy with both it would be safe to combine the billing and get the $5 credit. When I started looking into this I called D* after seeing that I would lose the $10 autopay free hd credit if I turned off auto-pay, the rep confirmed this would be the case if I bundled with Qwest. I then called Qwest to confirm that to get the $5 credit with them that I would lose the $10 credit with D*, which of course makes no sense. Qwest didn't have a answer for that. I've seen in other threads that others have been able to receive both credits, any sure fire way to make this happen? or were the reps misinformed and I will receive both credits? BTW, I am on autopay with Qwest if that matters.

Wish D* had a internet response team like E*....

if you move the account to Qwest that is considered auto pay with Directv regardless of what you do with Qwest (dont need auto pay with Qwest)

I have Directv through Qwest and get the free HD credit along with the $5 bundling credit

I have Directv through Qwest and get the free HD credit along with the $5 bundling credit

Iceburg, did you sign up through Qwest or DirecTV? I can bundle my account with CenturyLink and save $5 per month, but I do not want my contract to be extended or loose out on any DirecTV discounts or promotions. Do you miss out on any promotions or discounts that DTV offers by being bundled with Qwest?

Thanks Iceberg, just gave Qwest a call back and set it up, I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well.

Thanks Iceberg, just gave Qwest a call back and set it up, I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well.

Remember also Qwest is currently being bought out by Century Link. I'm not sure if this will change anything as I too currently have everything bundled through Qwest as well.

Iceburg, did you sign up through Qwest or DirecTV? I can bundle my account with CenturyLink and save $5 per month, but I do not want my contract to be extended or loose out on any DirecTV discounts or promotions. Do you miss out on any promotions or discounts that DTV offers by being bundled with Qwest?

I originally signed up through Qwest in Feb 10 and got all the discounts at the time that were offered. About 6 months later I moved it to Directv directly (long story...got wrong info from D* rep) and moved it right back to Qwest for the discounts. When I got HD I ordered through Directv and 10 minutes after the tech left (needed new dish) I called D* and they added HD for free since my account is considered auto pay.

When the account is through a Telco the ONLY time you call them is billing issues. Everything else is through Directv.

you shouldnt have any issues. It takes about 3 weeks or so to move the account over to Qwest. As I noted above the only time you call Qwest is billing issues. Anything else you call Directv

hey another Minnesotan I see (I'm near Mistake Lake) ;)

you shouldnt have any issues. It takes about 3 weeks or so to move the account over to Qwest. As I noted above the only time you call Qwest is billing issues. Anything else you call Directv

hey another Minnesotan I see (I'm near Mistake Lake) ;)

Good to know that it might take a few weeks, the rep at Qwest mentioned about the order completing on Friday. I'll post a follow-up when everything is completed, thanks again for the info.

We're practically neighbors, I'm in Savage - not too far from mistake either ;)

Just an update on this, not feeling super confident that all will go well...

The order did complete last Friday as Qwest stated and everything looked as it should online on both D* and Qwest, I then got confirmation letters in the mail from both Qwest & D* on Monday. Then Monday night I received a email stating that I would be losing my free HD access because I removed auto pay and I had 10 days to reinstate auto pay to keep the free access. I called D* shortly after receiving that and after some confusion with the rep on what I was calling about, followed by a few minutes of hold time, she came back on the line to ask if Qwest told me I was going to be losing that - which they didn't. After that she said as long as I was on auto pay with Qwest it should be fine - but she didn't seem overly confident about that. Guess I'll see what the next bill brings. To be continued...

steve
since the account is now being paid by Qwest that is considered auto pay with Directv. When I got HD they had the same confusion. 1st rep didnt understand. 2nd rep saw I was on "auto pay" with Directv and added the free HD promo

Doesn't hurt to call back and see what the next rep says ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts