R.I.P. J.J. Cale

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Musician JJ Cale, whose songs "Cocaine" and "After Midnight" were made famous by Eric Clapton, died Friday night after suffering a heart attack, the president of his management agency said. His contemporaries considered him a legend, even if many fans weren't familiar with his name.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/27/showbiz/jj-cale-obit/index.html

Very familiar with him.The Road to Escondido is a great album.Heck of a songwriter too.

R.I.P.

Long time fan of J.J. Penned many songs that mainstream artists recorded for hit songs. J. J. Was held in high esteem in the music community, however did not get the notoriety due him. R.I.P. J.J. Cale

Musicians Speak About Loss Of Oklahoma's Own JJ Cale

http://www.newson6.com/story/22948927/musicians-speak-about-loss-of-oklahomas-own-jj-cale

Born John Weldon Cale in Oklahoma City on December 5, 1938, Cale was best known for his songs "After Midnight" and "Cocaine," and as a leader of the original Tulsa Sound.

Cale won a Grammy for his 2006 collaboration with Eric Clapton, "The Road to Escondido." His musical legacy comes as performer and musician, sound engineer and producer. He pioneered the mix of blues, country, rockabilly and jazz that came to be known as the Tulsa Sound.

When I read of his death this album cover came to mind, my first encounter with his music way back when... (in my Brothers collection)

Attachments

• JJ_Cale-Naturally_(album_cover).jpg
    JJ_Cale-Naturally_(album_cover).jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 179
So many other GREAT songs that will probably never be heard. R.I.P.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)