R.I.P. Kenny Stabler

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
One of favorite players of ALL TIME and one of THE most underrated QBs of all time.

He and Dave Casper made me love the Raiders. He was THE SWAG for the Raiders. My VERY first NFL football game, when I was not yet a Raiders fan, was when the Raiders played the Dolphins in the Orange Bowl in the first Monday Night Football game of the season in 1975. My dad allowed me to go as a 10 year old with some friends and their parents and the Raiders were rough and tough, except the Lefty slingin the ball with the long hair.. He was the coolest guy on the field.

R.I.P. Snake and grab a beer with my Dad and Dusty Rhodes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-legend--passes-away-at-age-69-225802393.html

Reactions: Jimbo
I still recall watching him win game by fumbling the ball near the goal line anf having another raider fall on it.

They changed the rules almost immediately.

Reactions: salsadancer7
I'll always remember him scoring with 10 seconds left in the 1976 playoffs against the Pats in the infamous Sugar Bear Hamilton roughing the passer game. But he was a great QB in his own right. One of the greatest southpaw QB's of all time!! RIP Snake!!

Sorry to hear that.
Fred Biletnikoff made Stabler a great quarterback with all that stickum.

I still recall watching him win game by fumbling the ball near the goal line anf having another raider fall on it.

They changed the rules almost immediately.
Don't remind me of that! The "Holy Roller" play against San Diego. That epitomizes Al Davis' "Just Win" philosophy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)